X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12B Combat Engineer AIT

Has anyone been through combat engineer AIT lately? Wanted to know how it is? Thanks!

Re: 12B Combat Engineer AIT

Do you count 28 years ago as lately? lol. I went through it in 1984.

Comment

It's fun. Very fun.

Comment

Texas Rescue, elaborate on "It's fun. Very fun." lol
        Throw me some details of things you experience and even a week by week timeline if you would...

Comment

My buddy is there right now. He said its awful...but hes a bit of a drama queen. I'm sure all the blizzards are doing a number on him but he seems to like the classroom stuff. Personally I just think hes soft and likes to complain.

Comment

Depends on your company. I was there in 2009 for OSUT. Nothing changed from basic training. No cell phones. No high and tights. It was exactly the same. You go to classes about basic engineer tasks and learn to be proficient in them. We received no special privelages for being in AIT. That's how it should be and how it hopefully will be for you. You'll be better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              Do you count 28 years ago as lately? lol. I went through it in 1984.
              I posted my Fort LeonardWood 12B OSUT pics on other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                I posted my Fort LeonardWood 12B OSUT pics on other threads.

Olddddd Schooooooollll. Thanks for the throwback pictures!

Comment

UPU chow!

Comment

Originally posted by Orelladanza View Post
                    We received no special privelages for being in AIT. That's how it should be and how it hopefully will be for you. You'll be better for it.
                    I kinda agree with you.... Ill be here for 7.5 months total. Do you know if the length of time changes this (generally speaking)? I understand there are always those knuckle heads who should be focused on the classroom and not using their cell phones or free time... but Im curious since I will be there for so long. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by seenicole215 View Post
                      I kinda agree with you.... Ill be here for 7.5 months total. Do you know if the length of time changes this (generally speaking)? I understand there are always those knuckle heads who should be focused on the classroom and not using their cell phones or free time... but Im curious since I will be there for so long. Thanks.
                      Why are you going to be there that long? MP or Chemical? The conditions of living depend on many variables in the IET environment. A chemical trainee will have a different experience than an engineer trainee. Then ofcourse individual battalion and company SOP's. the only path I can speak to is 12B. (Aside from seeing 88M trainees with heads full of hair and snicker bars in hand for most of my time there).

Comment

Can an admin approve this thread? http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ay-in-the-life No, you cannot refer a 12B or any Soldier as Sapper unless they have earned the Sapper tab at Sapper school.

Comment

Working...
                        X