X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74D Basic and AIT????? HELP??

What is Basic and AIT like?? I go from January till June. Should I bring my cell phone or laptop? How often will I get to use my cell phone during basic and AIT?

Re: 74D Basic and AIT????? HELP??

I'm sure you can bring your cellphone. Your recruiter should've told you that. I'm not sure how much usage you will have though. The packing list says avoid all expensive electronics (laptops, gaming, etc..) but in some YouTube videos I saw from FLW BCT I saw some with those electronics. That's a question for the recruiter. I'll be in FLW at the same time frame as you. See you there! 88M.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLRecruit View Post
      I'm sure you can bring your cellphone. Your recruiter should've told you that. I'm not sure how much usage you will have though. The packing list says avoid all expensive electronics (laptops, gaming, etc..) but in some YouTube videos I saw from FLW BCT I saw some with those electronics. That's a question for the recruiter. I'll be in FLW at the same time frame as you. See you there! 88M.
      Honestly, don't bring your electronics. You won't use them during BCT. Some AIT's will allow them, but it ultimately depends on what Drill Sergeants/Instructors you'll have. You can bring a cell phone, but be prepared to have it locked up for BCT. Again, you may get it during AIT, but don't be surprised if it's very limited.

If you're looking for information on what you can expect at BCT, here's a good place to start: What to expect at BCT.

This topic has been covered countless times on here, so be sure to do a search!

Comment

I ran into 74D's twice when I was at FLW.

The first time, I was waiting to go to dental and I saw a Private with a Pro-mask carrier attached to his thigh. I asked him why he was carrying his pro-mask, and he tells me that he's a 74D and that they're required to carry their M40's everywhere they went while in AIT.

The second time, we were doing PT when we saw a formation pass by doing a ruckmarch...The thing was, they were in MOPP4. Our DS pointed them out and said those guys are chem, and if we ever think we had it hard, remember them.

I salute you. God speed.

Comment

Working...
        X