X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting while activated

I'm shipping to FLW on 05 September and will be at BCT on election day - question is: is there time given for soldiers to vote at BCT? I hope this is a ridiculous question but I'm not sure. I've been asking cadre at RSP and my recruiter but nobody really knows; they just speculate that I would have an absentee ballot, but nobody is sure.

Re: Voting while activated

I worked for a political campaign in college and am pretty well-versed in the absentee ballot procedure. It's really easy---you just send in an absentee ballot application (Looks like you live in NY, so you can get that here http://www.elections.ny.gov/VotingAbsentee.html) then fill out the actual ballot they mail to you, and mail it back. I'd check with your county to see when they actually mail out the ballots---potentially not until you're in Missouri--so you may want to get it mailed to you there rather than at your NY home address.

Comment

I just got this email today, it can probably help:

Military Service Member:

The general election is 90 days away. To register, request a ballot, and vote absentee go to www.FVAP.gov to complete your Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). It takes less than 10 minutes to complete using the online registration and absentee ballot assistant.

Help spread the word! Pass this on to other military or overseas voters, including spouses and voting age dependents.

If you would like more information on the Federal Voting Assistance Program or need help with the absentee voting process, please contact FVAP at 1-800-438-8683, DSN 425-1584, or at vote@fvap.gov. And don't forget your unit or installation voting assistance officers. More info is available at FVAP.gov, and don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DoDFVAP and follow us on Twitter @FVAP.

Comment

No. Apply for absentee ballot at www.FVAP.gov. Do it today.

Comment

I just got this in my AKO

Military Service Member:
          The general election is 90 days away. To register, request a ballot, and vote absentee go to www.FVAP.gov to complete your Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). It takes less than 10 minutes to complete using the online registration and absentee ballot assistant.
          Help spread the word! Pass this on to other military or overseas voters, including spouses and voting age dependents.
          If you would like more information on the Federal Voting Assistance Program or need help with the absentee voting process, please contact FVAP at 1-800-438-8683, DSN 425-1584, or at vote@fvap.gov. And don't forget your unit or installation voting assistance officers. More info is available at FVAP.gov, and don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DoDFVAP and follow us on Twitter @FVAP.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            I just got this in my AKO

Military Service Member:

Wow, great and totally new information! lol

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
            I just got this email today, it can probably help:

Military Service Member:

Comment

Its going to be hard to get the ballot mailed to you at BCT when you won't even know what your proper address is until you get there! I'm in the same boat, and already registered for early voting, so I'm just going to have my spouse mail it to me when he gets it at home, and hopefully it will get back to them in time.

Comment

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                  Wow, great and totally new information! lol
                  lol. I missed your post. It was ironic that when he posted that, I was looking through my AKO at the same time.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                    lol. I missed your post. It was ironic that when he posted that, I was looking through my AKO at the same time.

Sorry.

lol...I had literally just read that email when he posted this so it was wierd for me too.

Comment

I think the easiest thing to do is have the absentee ballot mailed to your home address then have a family member forward it to you after you know your BCT address.

Comment

Working...
                      X