Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reception is dreamland compared to this.

You would hate to be deployed with someone who would rather be left alone to mind his own business? Fine by me. I wouldn't want to be deployed with someone that has to be constantly entertained with electronics and food.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
      You would hate to be deployed with someone who would rather be left alone to mind his own business? Fine by me. I wouldn't want to be deployed with someone that has to be constantly entertained with electronics and food.
      Touche Enjoy AIT Viceroy (my father passed due to that brand of cigarettes) and let us know how it goes.

Comment

...But God help you if you have to sit there for hours on end...
        So you have to sit in an air-conditioned room, with free food and snacks, internet and beds for a few hours? You. Poor. Thing.

Comment

Constantly entertained? You havent been close to the atmosphere I have been. I go to the USO because I don't have to be in the mix. It's solitude and in an environment that I am attuned to.

So, take your ass out by that large structure pole, share a newspaper with some stranger, and mind your own business because you're the reason I sit in the USO.
          Last edited by Mr_Loki; July 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Some people just can't be pleased...I've never heard anyone make any kind of comparison to the USO and reception.

Comment

The USO has free bunks. You can go to sleep there. I once killed a 6 hour layover sleeping in a USO. God bless them.

Comment

in my new unit i was told that we got to sleep in tents sometimes. i cheered. what is this talk of beds and air conditioning you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                  Some people just can't be pleased...I've never heard anyone make any kind of comparison to the USO and reception.
                  Its all good. We have more combat deployment time than he has days in the military. His eyes will open and learn to appreciate what little privileges we have.

Comment

One delayed flight and one that left without me and here I am at the USO in St. Louis, MO - it's awesome. Beds, free food, computers, GIANT recliners, a stack of movies and xbox games. Can't beat it. Only issue I'm having is that I've been here for about 17 hours and I have 5 more to go . FLW needs to have more buses running.

Comment

Working...
                    X