X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i leave May 20! Cav scout. im sooo ready!

Comment

my Knox date

I will leave for Knox on July 29 09 for a little bct on my little girls b-day .
      my mos is 21E heavy equipment operator ait fort len wood cold months in the
      middle of bfe lol Looking forward to bct at Knox I think it will be hard but also alot of fun. And you know any thing worth doing is hard so lets all enjoy the time we are there because it will be over and done with befor we apreciate it .

Comment

I leave May 26 for basic at Knox. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by plano2001
          Ft. Knox is going to be the new home of HRC.

The armor school at Knox is being moved to Ft. Benning, which will host the Manuever School of Excellence.

This is not for awhile.
          I was told they were doing that, so Infantrymen etc. would be able to have a better "more rounded" training experience in "working with" Armored assets, and vice-versa.

Don't know the truth to this, due to the information coming from a PFC three months out of OSUT (Ft. Knox-19D)

But the reasoning behind it, as he explained to me, was so Infantry OSUT can incorporate training/experience working side by side with their Armor brethren.

But that's just how it was explained to me in a nutshell.

Anyone know any set deadlines when Knox will no longer be the School of Armor location?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco771
            Anyone know any set deadlines when Knox will no longer be the School of Armor location?
            https://www.benning.army.mil/MCOE/content/faq.htm

By federal law the move must occur by September 15, 2011. But laws can easily be amended and changed if need be.

Comment

I graduated From Fort Knox C co 2/46 Oct 10, 2008

Fort Knox is Hot and missrible in the summer and on the final road march the 15K there is some pretty narlly hills, Missery,Heartbreak, agony.

Watch out for those brown lacruse spiders.

Comment

dude are you serious about the spiders. I leave the june 10

Comment

going to be at fort knox august 4th for air assualt. Anyone else going to be there?

Comment

Originally posted by skaterkid1990
                    I graduated From Fort Knox C co 2/46 Oct 10, 2008

Fort Knox is Hot and missrible in the summer and on the final road march the 15K there is some pretty narlly hills, Missery,Heartbreak, agony.

Watch out for those brown lacruse spiders.
                    Brown Recluse

I got bit by one of those. I was on antibiotics for a year because of it. I had a hole on my arm about the size of a pencil eraser. I could squeeze pus non stop all day long out of the hole.

Comment

About Ft. Knox

Wow what a time I had at Ft. Knox That was unreal ! lol

Im thinking it would take 10 months to explain my 10 weeks there. But if anyone has any questions as to what to expect there go ahead and email me I will check my emails on saturdays. I can say that we did do alot of cadences about Jodi boy lol

Here is my Email cvhounds@yahoo.com

I was in Bravo 2/46 Inf. Im now in Ft. Leonardwood witch is sweet!

Comment

I ship 20091013 with a start date of 20091023. Plano, I might run into you!

Comment

Originally posted by Johbby
                          I ship 20091013 with a start date of 20091023. Plano, I might run into you!
                          What's your MOS?

Sounds like we'll probably run smack into each other at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by plano2001
                            What's your MOS?

Sounds like we'll probably run smack into each other at the airport.
                            Me and a buddy from work are going 19D. I'm almost positive he has an estimated start date the same as ours.

Comment

T-minus 13 days.

Comment

I served as a BCT Company Commander at Ft Knox for nearly 2 years...

A/2-46 IN (Nov00-Jun01)
                                -Trained 2 cycles of BCT
                                E/2-46 IN (Jun01-Mar02)
                                -Trained 1 cycle of BCT and 1 cycle of 19K BCT/AIT (Knox was overstrength 19Ks and had shut down an OSUT Company, so we created an ad hoc training itinerary to make sure these soldiers didn't have to spend 4 months in receptin)
                                C/46 AG (Mar02-Aug02)
                                -Conducted retraining for soldiers who failed BCT/OSUT (basically last chance before they were chaptered out and sent home)

Would be happy to give any advice, although it may be dated. I will verify what has already been said - Ft Knox does get quite cold in the winter, there are plenty of critters to keep you company in the woods, and the hills (most famously Agony, Misery and Heartbreak) go straightup or straightdown (those rolling green hills of Kentucky that you may have heard about do not exist at Knox).

Comment

Working...
                                X