X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Knox, KY (All things related)

This sticky is for all things related to Fort Knox, Kentucky.

Discuss when you're leaving or what you experienced, etc.

Absolutely no discussion of other Forts. Use the other stickies. Do not bash Fort Knox or anyone that is going or graduating. No one cares which is harder or why it's harder, just keep it to the above curriculum. Hold yourself in a professional manner while in here.

I leave for Ft. Knox on July 20th, and I cannot wait. Actual training starts July 31st, so I am assuming the 11 days I am not training is reception battalion and getting settled in?

I heard it gets really hot in the summer time, and there are immensely steep hills that are actually nicknamed? Misery, Heartbreak? Haha. Reminds me of the Kanye West album. Great music.

And I think it sucks they are moving the US Army Armor School to Ft. Benning, which I think was a symbol of Ft. Knox. I wonder what will happen to Ft. Knox...

Comment

I herd that Ft.Knox may be getting shut down as a BCT location. My DS at Benning said everything is going to be moved and put into one main BCT location. Its sad Ft.Knox is having its title taken away

Comment

Ft. Knox is going to be the new home of HRC.

The armor school at Knox is being moved to Ft. Benning, which will host the Manuever School of Excellence.

This is not for awhile.

Comment

I leave for Knox on Oct 13th (19D OSUT) with a slotted start date of Oct. 22nd.

Going to be a little cold in the winter....won't graduate until March. But yay for christmas exodus!

Comment

Originally posted by plano2001
            Going to be a little cold in the winter....won't graduate until March. But yay for christmas exodus!

That is a huge understatement. I am from Colorado and consider myself pretty good with cold weather. At Fort Knox i froze my butt off the whole time!

Comment

Well yuck....don't tell me that.

Anything below about 75 degrees requires breaking out the winter coat! I think I'm going to be quite frozen at Knox.

Comment

Well yuck....don't tell me that.

Anything below about 75 degrees requires breaking out the winter coat! I think I'm going to be quite frozen at Knox.
                Heh. I graduated last October 4th. I'm from Mississippi, so I'm cold weather averse but the mornings were getting quite chilly then. Of course the afternoon was great.

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
                  Heh. I graduated last October 4th. I'm from Mississippi, so I'm cold weather averse but the mornings were getting quite chilly then. Of course the afternoon was great.
                  Yeah, but I START in October.....

Comment

Yeah, but I START in October.....
                    Yes, I read that. I checked the weather occasionally this past winter. IT was cold. Lot's of days with highs in the teens. It always made me happy I wasn't in the field dealing with it.

Comment

Have fun man. I was there from January 16th to April 3rd. I was so happy when i got to the warm Fort Jackson. Fort knox will freeze you. When you spend the day sitting in the bleachers at the ranges! It sucks to say the least. Just make sure that your cold weather boots fit good before you leave reception!!! Our Pg wore his summer boots for like the first 6 weeks because his winters didn't fit!

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
                        Yeah i graduated middle of last september and i remember it being pretty cold in the mornings the last week or two there. what company were you in?

Comment

Originally posted by 987654
                          Yeah i graduated middle of last september and i remember it being pretty cold in the mornings the last week or two there. what company were you in?
                          4th PLT D Co 1/46 INF

Comment

Cool. I was 3rd platoon B co 1/46

Comment

I was Alpha 2/46 INF. We were right by reception the whole time. I laughed when they took us "down range".

Comment

Working...
                              X