Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fort Jackson, SC. (All things related)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Fort Jackson, SC. (All things related)

    Originally posted by wibadger10 View Post
    Hey all! I just graduated from Fort Jackson today! I leave for AIT at Fort Lee tomorrow. Basic wasn't too bad. It's actually pretty easy if you apply yourself, listen to directions, and aren't being stupid. lol. Let me know if you have questions, and I'll answer them when I can.

    hi, i know these are alot of questions but i'd really like your help on this. by the way, i ship out sept 24. what did you have to pack when you arrived at BCT? what should i keep in mind before i ship out? did you go by plane, and if so, how many hours was it? i can't think of anything else at the moment to ask, so i'll leave it at that

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Fort Jackson, SC. (All things related)

      ship date 20130819.. both excited and nervous LOL, can't wait to get it over with. AIT will be in fort L Wood after BCT.. ANYONE shipping to fort jackson on same date?

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Fort Jackson, SC. (All things related)

        Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
        Welcome, hooah.
        Thanks Dude, bless ya! Hoooaah!

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Fort Jackson, SC. (All things related)

          Originally posted by Fao Lafini View Post
          ship date 20130819.. both excited and nervous LOL, can't wait to get it over with. AIT will be in fort L Wood after BCT.. ANYONE shipping to fort jackson on same date?
          Yup, same shipping date and place! I'm a 09S, how about you?

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Fort Jackson, SC. (All things related)

            20130828 ship date any one else with this date

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Fort Jackson, SC. (All things related)

              Originally posted by Aiden09 View Post
              hi, i know these are alot of questions but i'd really like your help on this. by the way, i ship out sept 24. what did you have to pack when you arrived at BCT? what should i keep in mind before i ship out? did you go by plane, and if so, how many hours was it? i can't think of anything else at the moment to ask, so i'll leave it at that
              Pack necessities like toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream razors, cell phone...etc. Don't pack other electronics, magazines or books. They will all get locked up until you finish. Most people take a back pack with this stuff and a spare change of clothes just in case there is a layover or something. Depending on where you live will depend on whether you fly to FT Jackson or not. I believe west of the Mississippi will fly, East of it will drive, but I don't know that for sure. Pack as light as you can. They will provide everything you need.

              Coming From AZ I flew to Atlanta GA and then took a small plane to Columbia SC. From there it was about a 45 min drive to FT Jackson.

              Hope this helps.

              Comment


              • #97
                Shipping out 20140107! Any other females heading there around that time? I am an older female (34) so this should be interesting

                BTW, it says we can bring stationery - can we also bring a journal? And can I bring nice stationery or does it just need to be plain paper? TIA!

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Angela Stevens View Post
                  Shipping out 20140107! Any other females heading there around that time? I am an older female (34) so this should be interesting

                  BTW, it says we can bring stationery - can we also bring a journal? And can I bring nice stationery or does it just need to be plain paper? TIA!

                  I brought journals with the ring binder at the top. Smaller ones that would fit in my leg cargo pocket. I brought a gallon baggie, which was big enough to hold it, my SMART book and a few other papers we always had to carry around. This kept it water proof. I wouldn't really bring nice stationary as it will get pretty haggard if your carrying it with you, but if you plan to just leave it in your personal drawer then that is fine.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Hello all! I'm Shipping out to Jackson on Dec. 30th. O9S at Fort Benning after BCT.

                    Comment


                    • 32 year old female here, shipping out 20140310 and then off to OCS in Benning immediately after. Any other females joining me on 10 March? Nervous yet excited after a long enlistment process!!

                      Comment


                      • ahans720
                        ahans720 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        24 year old female here and I'll be right there with you.

                    • Hi. I ship out 011314 to Fort Jackson. It's my first military experience. I'm currently in RSP Red phase and it's pretty cool. Its not as bad as I thought and the sergeants are strict and but really cool. The most important thing for us is to learn the soldiers creed, ranks, warrior ethos, and general orders. It's a lot to learn and I feel they're doing a great job getting us ready for BCT. My first 1-1-1 I did 28 push ups, 36 sit ups, and my run was 9:36 so I definitely wanna get better before drill in a couple weeks. Any tips? Thanks

                      Comment


                      • shipping out 20150302. Anyone else?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X