Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwear at BCT

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting ready to ship to BCT and I was wondering if there was a policy regarding men’s underwear ,specifically if guys were allowed to bring their own or would we be required to wear the GI “drawers”? Yeah I know it’s kind of a random question, but I am trying to avoid the dreaded chafe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Underwear at BCT

Buy the anti-chafe stick at Reception to help you out. No hi-speed undies during BCT. You'll have to wear your issue GI Tans.

Comment

Originally posted by MDS026 View Post
      Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting ready to ship to BCT and I was wondering if there was a policy regarding men’s underwear ,specifically if guys were allowed to bring their own or would we be required to wear the GI “drawers”? Yeah I know it’s kind of a random question, but I am trying to avoid the dreaded chafe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      I went through BCT in 2011, and we were required to wear the Army issue (tan) briefs. Not that the DSs actually checked, but one guy wore red underwear once and a DS did see it, and we all got smoked for it. Have to suggest powder (Baby powder), and if you think it will be real bad it is possible to get diaper rash cream in a dispenser that looks like deodorant if you pull the label off of it.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help! I will be sure to pack some type of power or diaper rash cream. On another note, are electric razor's allowed at BCT? Please advise

Comment

Negative. If you bring one they'll just lock it up with your personal belongings. Only disposable or standard razors are allowed.

Comment

A few of us got away with small Remington electrics in the field that were purchased at the PX. Not aware if anyone was ever caught. It was convenient, but I obviously don't recommend going down that road. :P

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
              A few of us got away with small Remington electrics in the field that were purchased at the PX. Not aware if anyone was ever caught. It was convenient, but I obviously don't recommend going down that road. :P
              We had quite a few guys get shaving profiles, and they were the only ones allowed to purchase and use the electrics from the PX.

Comment

Originally posted by MDS026 View Post
                Thanks to everyone for your help! I will be sure to pack some type of power or diaper rash cream. On another note, are electric razor's allowed at BCT? Please advise
                I suggest Monkey Butt power. It sounds funny, but it's like magic in a bottle when it comes to inching/chaffing.

Comment

Gold Bond medicated powder is also allowed. I used that on many occassions.

Comment

We were allowed to wear spandex, both px and under armour at basic...also allowed desitin diaper rash cream to be sent to us.

Required to wear spandex with PT shorts..

I think I wore issue boxers for 4 days til we went to the px...then it was spandex only for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Blackman View Post
                      I suggest Monkey Butt power. It sounds funny, but it's like magic in a bottle when it comes to inching/chaffing.
                      Careful with the Monkey Butt powder.

Comment

This is awsome that it's a thread, and it got the Colonel to type Monkey Butt powder!

Comment

They issued us the green ones, but it was the only item we weren't required to wear. I wore them anyways for most of basic. Never ran into the dreaded "chafe", but I guess a lot of other people did judging by the mountains of baby powder everyone was constantly pouring on their nuts. I never quite understood that.

Comment

Working...
                          X