X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Benning, GA (All things related)

well im on week 9 now. were starting to get near the end of the osut tunnel here. if your leaving in the dog days of summer drink water, thats all i have left to say.

Comment

Originally posted by jostermann
      I am 11B and i'm shipping the 3rd of June. I'm going OSUT at Ft. Benning. I am also a student and my classes are starting the 24th of Aug. I've been told I probably won't get back until the 2nd week of Sept. (?)
      Do they give any preference to students at reception?

Would they allow me to bring some stuff like flashcards and a small tree ID book along for use during free time? I'm a forestry student, taking dendrology this fall.

Would I even have free time (reception, fire guard, etc. where I would be able to get any amount of study time?

Thanks,
      PFC Ostermann
      CO C 168th Inf
      Iowa National Guard
      I ship the same day man, See ya down there.

PFC Babb
      CO C 1st/138th INF
      Missouri National Guard

Comment

Well it's three years later now, but I've quite enjoyed reading all of you discussing ship dates and whatnot. Wonder if any of you guys are still in contact or ever even met at BCT. Anyway maybe we can get this thread started again. 09S shipping to Benning in June 2012, hoping to go 31A after. I can't wait, but I'm starting to get nervous for 30AG...sounds like a nightmare.

PS someone better reply or I'm going to look like an *** being the only person to post on a thread that's three years old

Comment

i ship to benning for 11b Infantry on august 27th

Comment

33 year old shipping to Benning 20121015. Scared an exited at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by NY ARNG Woodard View Post
              Wonder if any of you guys are still in contact or ever even met at BCT.
              apagea99 and I were in the same company, B 3/47, almost 3 years ago...wow, has it been that long?

Comment

Wow, I forgot about this post. I didn't meet anybody from here, but yeah, 30th AG is a nightmare. Good luck.

Comment

27 year old shipping to Ft. Benning October 29, 2012.

Comment

I'll be there in a week. I feel like Jessie Spano hopped up on caffeine pills. I'm so excited, I'm so scared!

Comment

Shipping to Benning for BCT and OCS on aug 19 2013. Looking forward to reception!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks View Post
                        Shipping to Benning for BCT and OCS on aug 19 2013. Looking forward to reception!
                        I'll be there a few days before you.

Comment

Funny story.

I graduated BCT at Benning in July of 2011. I didn't spend all of my money on my EZ-pay card, so I stuffed it in my wallet and forgot about it. Ooooooh of course some DS's will tell you to spend every dime off of your card at the PX but I wasn't about to be a part of that great ponzy scheme. Besides, the guys that fell for that trick ended up having to tote tons of useless junk on the nearly two mile march back to the barracks. Cheap, thin PX bags tore along the way ergo a trail of tears. To add insult to injury, after graduation hundreds of dollars worth of PX junk that guys couldn't fly or travel with was piled up on the Drill Sergeant's desk.

Anyways, A couple months ago, I was at Maxwell AFB buying some stuff at the commissary. On a whim I decided to have my old EZ-pay card swiped to see if it would still work. The cashier said there was still $216 dollars on the card but it had expired. I was told whatever money that wasn't spent on the card would be sent to your bank account 90 days after leaving Benning. So, while on a trip that took me through the Benning area I decide to DX some of my old ACU's. I call and call--everybody at CIF and CIIP says: "Oh sure we DX five days a week. Bring your stuff in". I get to CIIP and the guy says "Oh you only have 60 days past graduation to DX uniforms." Great. So, I call CIF again and tell them the situation. They say: "No problem, don't worry about it. Come on over." I get there and this person tells me at the counter: "Oh, wait. are you a Ranger?" Do I look like friggin Ranger? Then the person says: "Sorry, we're only DXing Rangers today." That's nice. Couldn't tell me in the TWO conversations over the phone but that's okay.

Okay, to make a long, long story short, as it turns out I owned one of the LAST EZ-pay cards before they switched to the Eagle card system. Even though my card STILL showed a balance after further investigation the person at DFAS said: "Even though the card shows a balance there isn't any money on the card." Yeah, yeah, yeah I know what you're thinking. I already know what you're thinking. My bank statements only show that I got deposits from DFAS. It doesn't itemize specific payments, particularly, since Benning kept paying me two months after I graduated even though they were supposed to stop paying me after I left. But that's a whole nother' story.

The good news is, while shopping at Benning's PX on the main post I found a rock solid compass for 9 bucks. The same type of compass I need for OCS sales for $63 everywhere I've been in Alabama. Everyone at OCS has either already bought the $63 model or they're waiting to use the compass on loan while they're training--the same compasses that have been dropped, banged around, and stepped on by past officer candidates. No thank you. I also got a chance to get new chin straps for my new kevlar for free, which is another whole different story.
                          Last edited by VICEROY06; April 8th, 2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

My boyfriend left today and I'm finding this very comforting. Can you share what your experience was like please? Was there little communication? ��

Comment

how often did you get to speak with them?

Comment

Ship date is 03FEB14 for 11B OSUT. Cant wait !

Comment

Working...
                                X