• Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping out

im leaving the west coast for good ol' gerogia june 23

Comment

Originally posted by wildmojo
      Are you 11B?
      Yup. I'm 11B and I'm shipping on Monday and will start OSUT on 4/10. We'll be there at the same time and might even be in the same platoon

Comment

im shipping out june 10 11-c

Comment

My husband left on March 26th for Fort Benning. I miss him.

Comment

best of luck to all you future lightfighers!

Comment

23rd

Going to benning on the 23rd??? Let me know, i'll be there that same day.

Comment

Haha. Nice nice. I'll be shipping out to Benning June 23rd, aswell.

Comment

hey im at fort benning right now on a 6 hour sand hill pass. just started week 5 yestarday. i dont know much about pog training, but for us infantry grunts its not that bad. at least for my platoon its high speed low stress. which means we learn alot of stuff fast but dont get smoked or yelled at as much as other companies or platoons. basically if your nervous about basic dont be. just keep your head up and do what your told. dont take anything to heart, everyone screws up. also one quote i heard that helps put everything in perspective is in the infantry you have 95% suck but 5% of it is fun. just remember that. like the past week weve marched to the shooting ranges in full battle rattle (body armor, helmet, flick, weapon, assualt pack) in high heat and humidity, and you suck the whole way but when you get to shoot its completely worth it. oh yea when you rappel down eagle tower its not that bad. i feel off the wall due to a drill sergeant error and got back up and did it again. well thats all im gonna say now i have some china wok to get before my pass is up. come july il give you future grunts the entire story.

Comment

oh and try to find out the free number for the pay phones, itll save you a bundle

Comment

Headed to Benning for BCT on the 7th. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC rwestrup
                        Originally posted by matt.zeitlinger
                        I ship out to Ft. Benning June 24th.
                        Originally posted by moscar4126
                        Originally posted by ZeroConcept
                        I leave June 22nd. See you boys there!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
                          Headed to Benning for BCT on the 7th. Hopefully it won't be too hot.
                          lol to funny. You live in Bama but you're worried about the Georgia heat. Isn't it like the same temp. same humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot84
                            lol to funny. You live in Bama but you're worried about the Georgia heat. Isn't it like the same temp. same humidity.
                            yeah but i don't run around in acu's 24/7 at home

it's around 60 at night and close to 80 during the day. with acu's on i'm thinking that's pretty hot.

Comment

Goodluck to all the 11C's, make sure you pay attention at the Mortar square and learn everything.

If you guys are slackin off, be prepared to run to the woodline and back. It's about a 600meter run in all your crap.
                              We had to highcrawl the 300 meters to the woodline, find a pinecone, and highcrawl 300 meters back. Ugh
                              Last edited by abninf05; May 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by PFC rwestrup

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by matt.zeitlinger
                                I ship out to Ft. Benning June 24th.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by moscar4126

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ZeroConcept

I leave June 22nd. See you boys there!

you guys all 11B's or you 11C's

Comment

Working...
                                X