X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Cancellation?

I am scheduled to ship out to BCT at Fort Benning this spring, but I just found out I got an ROTC scholarship. I don't contract until next fall. So there is no point in me going to basic training anymore. I have been to RSP 3 or 4 times. Is there any way I can get out of BCT or at least AIT?

There are reasons for attending BCT this summer. You'll be paid for your training unlike if you were to attend LTC at Ft Knox. In my opinion, it will also make you a better soldier and eventually, a better leader. It can only help raise your PT score which will aid you on the OML. Go to Basic and make the most of it!

In short, you won't be released from the Guard until you have actually contracted.

Comment

I understand what you mean when you wrote, "there is no point in me going to basic training," although several big reasons still remain. The first of those reasons is, you signed a contract to go. Yes, I get your meaning, I know you don't take this lightly, although for the benefit of other readers we should make this clear that until your status formally changes, you must complete all obligations of your commitment.

Until you have actually contracted, you're not a contracted cadet. Until that happens, continue on in your current status. Since you've attended several RSP drills, you must know your General Orders, one of which is, "I will not quit my post until properly relieved."

As a practical matter, talk to your ROTC commander about contracting you on the last day of the semester, after grades have posted.

Comment

Working...
      X