Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running at Benning School for Boys?

Howdy,

Enlisted 21 Nov, Ship date is 27 May 2014. MOS: 11B

I had a question about running at Ft. Benning for all of yall who have already made it through. I am training right now and am up to being able to run 5 miles. Questions:

1. What was the farthest you ran?
    2. Did you run long distances in the heat of the day or in the mornings?
    3. What would prepare me better, running at night/ mornings or running in the middle of the day when it is hottest?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

1) About every third or fourth day, my company did ability group runs, where you were broken down into A, B, and C group. The A group usually ran at about a 7:15-7:30 pace for 4 or 5 miles, depending on which Drill Sergeant led the pack. The B and C groups ran at a slower pace and obviously covered less distance.
    2) The organized runs were always during AM PT---0500-0630. It was still hot in the morning. If you're gonna be there June-August, plan on sweating all day, every day. We also had to do sprints and other PT as punishment at high noon, sometimes in boots and ACUs. It sucks, but you just learn to roll with it.
    3) I guess it would help to get your body used to exercising in the morning, but it won't really matter. Be sure to hydrate. If show up in decent cardio shape, you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
    X