X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping out Feb 2014 INFANTRY OSUT

I'm 20 from long island NY, I hit the gym 5 times a day bang out 30-35 minutes of cardio a night averaging 4.25 miles in that time frame (fastest 2 mile was 13:53) I do 100 pushups and situps every night in sets of 25 (I'm pretty small 5'4 145lbs) My main question is what else can I do to better myself to make it less stressful physically & mentally How much of a shock is it on the mind and body? How bad is the shark attack really & how is getting smoked (what can it entail) Will my size make my time there more hellush? PLEASE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WENT THROUGH INFANTRY OSUT AS NON-INFANTRY IS TRAINED AND TREATED DIFFERENT

Ooh wow. Too bad I cannot answer your post since I am non-infantry. I went to combat engineer OSUT and later on Marine Corps boot. With 24 years of service and three combat tours, I guess I don't have a clue.

Comment

you'll be fine, i was 29 when i went into bct barely passed the weight requirements my 2mile run i was like18mins barely did 30 push ups and 25 sit ups, but the end of basic right before we move into the AIT phase like 8 or 9 weeks in i dropped about 30pounds, did 50-55 push ups and sit ups and my run was 15mins im still no pt stud but the army does things for a reason like when you eat and pt, and smoke sessions and if you motivated and stay positive and listen to the drill sgts, well atleast the ones that care you'll graduate,SOME drill sgt wont give a rats ass and you can usually tell which ones, for us shark attack wasn't nearly as bad as some others, we acutally never got on the bus to our battalion from 30th AG our 1st sgt called out names and put us in our platoons meet our drills got a 10-15 min crash course on D&C and marched our asses to our training post

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
        Ooh wow. Too bad I cannot answer your post since I am non-infantry. I went to combat engineer OSUT and later on Marine Corps boot. With 24 years of service and three combat tours, I guess I don't have a clue.
        I was a 19D OSUT training... 10 years in and tons of schools and training... but we wouldn't have the slightest clue..

Huntingtonzfinest - Infantry is NOT separated. Training is training. AIT may be different for people, but Basic Training is not. One team one fight, remember that.

Comment

• Chief Kemosabe
          Chief Kemosabe commented
          Editing a comment
          Great to see you back on the boards sir. Happy New Year to all.

infantry is seperated theres was no other MOS other then 11bravo in our training company ft benning is now armor also but they are in a seperate area in ft benning, you will not have any contact with them other then reception,church, or cross path during ruck marches
        Last edited by doeboy1; December 30th, 2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

OP, BCT is the same for everyone. The hardest part is dealing with the same 30-60 dudes everyday for weeks on end with no break. This is the same for any suck school, deployment, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy1 View Post
            infantry is seperated theres was no other MOS other then 11bravo in our training company ft benning is now armor also but they are in a seperate area in ft benning, you will not have any contact with them other then reception,church, or cross path during ruck marches

That's not what I meant. I mean basic training is the same. It's not harder or a different type of training.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              No disrespect I'm just looking for recent individuals who went throught the training

Comment

Hey man I'm at benning right now(home for Xmas) but you'll be fine man your already ahead of a lot of people will be physically and mentally just sit back and do as your told.... Embrace the suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes44 View Post
                  Hey man I'm at benning right now(home for Xmas) but you'll be fine man your already ahead of a lot of people will be physically and mentally just sit back and do as your told.... Embrace the suck!
                  worst part so far ??

Comment

going to the hotel today in about and hour and a half and then flying to Benning Monday.........WISH ME LUCK !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X