X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about ship date

i ship out 10/28 to benning but then it says basic doesnt start until 11/8..does that make sense? im only a few hours from georgia.
    is processing that long?

Re: question about ship date

You will spend 4-5 days of in processing at reception. This is normal. You will be standing in lines with as many as 500 soldiers who are getting ready to goto the same Training Battalion as you are. Not mention probably another 1000 soldiers who will either be before you or after you in terms of BCT start dates. Just show up and do as you're told, you'll be successful.

SIDENOTE - Once your Drill Sergeants know you're from Georgia, the running joke will be that if you wanna quit they'll just call your mama to meet you at the front gate.....

Comment

If you're only a few hours from Georgia I would try asking the Drill Sergeants if you can go home on the weekends. Can't hurt, right?

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
        If you're only a few hours from Georgia I would try asking the Drill Sergeants if you can go home on the weekends. Can't hurt, right?
        Im pretty sure i WOULD hurt if i asked
        Ill enjoy the accomodations

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
          You will spend 4-5 days of in processing at reception. This is normal. You will be standing in lines with as many as 500 soldiers who are getting ready to goto the same Training Battalion as you are. Not mention probably another 1000 soldiers who will either be before you or after you in terms of BCT start dates. Just show up and do as you're told, you'll be successful.

SIDENOTE - Once your Drill Sergeants know you're from Georgia, the running joke will be that if you wanna quit they'll just call your mama to meet you at the front gate.....

Thanks for the info. I knew there would be lots of us, had no idea it would be that many. sounds like thats gona suck..

Comment

my stay at 30th AG was 10 days long..and yes its bad as it seems, you stand in formation forever, get fat, and fall asleep from all the waiting..its fun goodluck!

Comment

Books allowed? I can kill some serious time reading

Comment

You will be given some "books" to read while you wait....

Comment

Working...
                X