X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry OSUT Question

Hello everyone...I talked to the recruiter today, and he said that I would be gone for 20 weeks for Infantry...This goes against everything I have read which states 14...Can anyone help me out?

Re: Infantry OSUT Question

When is your ship date? That could possibly tell us more....

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb3596 View Post
      Hello everyone...I talked to the recruiter today, and he said that I would be gone for 20 weeks for Infantry...This goes against everything I have read which states 14...Can anyone help me out?
      Does the training cycle lie during something like Christmas Exodus?

Comment

I just shipped an 11B this week and his total training length is 14 wks, 4 days. Unless you add 10-12 days for Holiday Block Leave or you're getting Airborne (2 wks) in your contract then your Recruiter is mistaken.

Often times what we think we hear and what was said are two different things. I would get clarification.

Comment

He is telling me early October...I will definitely be clarifying! I was just wondering if anyone would know what he was talking about if he did in fact say 20 weeks! Thanks

Comment

I left for BCT on October 17, 2002. Finished the first week of February if I remember. You should expect to complete it around the same time.

Comment

I left October 29th. I was home March 1st.... that time included HBL.

11B OSUT

Comment

I was thinking Holiday Block Leave as well, factoring in all the holidays I had about a 14 week BCT back in 2008.

Comment

i left in april 11 came home july 26 about 14 weeks

Comment

My son shipped out 10 June and graduated 27 September this year. He was in reception for 11 days, so he was gone 15 weeks and 4 days. If you get Holiday Block Leave (HBL) that is usually 2 weeks so that would put you in training for about 17 1/2 weeks. Your recruiter may just want you to plan for the worst case scenario.

Comment

I was in reception for 2 weeks and spent 14 weeks at my OSUT Company.

Comment

Let me ask you guys a question. At the end of the 10 week BCT, do you get a weekend pass before the start of the 4 week AIT? I have a friend that said he did at Benning this year. Im qurious if that is standard? I leave in Jan of 2014 and it would be amazing to get to see my kids for the weekend after 10 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles-Reborn View Post
                          Let me ask you guys a question. At the end of the 10 week BCT, do you get a weekend pass before the start of the 4 week AIT? I have a friend that said he did at Benning this year. Im qurious if that is standard? I leave in Jan of 2014 and it would be amazing to get to see my kids for the weekend after 10 weeks.
                          Depends on the chain of command and how well you all behave.

I personally would rather just finish it out. Sometimes those brief breaks makes recruits do crazy things when they realize it is only temporary and they still need to finish their training.

Comment

i was there 2 cycles ago so i duno if he kept his word

Comment

after 10 weeks of basic i got the 36 hour pass..but some kids got caught drinking at a hotel room and our company commander said it would be the last time C.co 2-19 will get a pass..

Comment

• Nickell
                                Nickell commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I was in 2-19 at the same time, 4th plt.
                            Working...
                            X