Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished up 11b . Ask questions if you have any..

Fire away

Re: Just finished up 11b . Ask questions if you have any..

Hey, I'm leaving for Benning Sept 16. My MOS is 11B. I'll be 27 when I enter but my physical fitness is high if not higher than the 18 y/o's in RSP.

First off, how did you enjoy it?
    What was the most enjoyable/hated part of 11B AIT?
    I'm one site (which I think you probably were also) So how does going from graduation back to AIT back to graduation work? My wife and family want to see me graduate, are there two seperate graduations? One for basic then one again in 4 weeks for AIT? Is it combined? Would it be worth my family coming down twice if thats how it would work?

Comment

Not to take over, but 11Bs and most other combat arms go through OSUT (One Station Unit Training).

If there is a distinct graduation from the BCT portion to the AIT portion, you are looking at like an afternoon off or something... Not a full blown BCT affair like the other MOSs receive.

Comment

Embrace the suck!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BP11b View Post
          Fire away
          If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice before you shipped, what would it be?

Comment

LH, did you enjoy it is a loaded question. There were some times that weren't too bad and were somewhat enjoyable. What I liked most would be the comradery in the platoon. On the flipside of that, the least enjoyable part was having to pay for other retards screwing up. After 9 weeks you are a soldier. There is not a graduation then but there is a weekend pass where your family can come. After the pass you are in the ait portion of osut. Which is only about 3 weeks because the last two weeks is recovery. Then all you do is clean non stop.

Comment

So it'll be better if your family came to graduation after AIT or Boot?

Comment

Originally posted by YANG View Post
                So it'll be better if your family came to graduation after AIT or Boot?
                Graduation. A weekend pass after BCT is not guaranteed in writing anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BP11b View Post
                  LH, did you enjoy it is a loaded question.
                  In most IET schools there are always a couple of retards who claim to "love it." They are lying. No one loves or enjoys IET training. If it doesn't suck the cadre aren't running the course properly, period.

Comment

We didn't get any leave after our "BCT" phase. Have them wait until you graduate OSUT.

Comment

Working...
                    X