X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest Thing

What was the hardest trial you had to overcome at BCT at Benning? I ship off in less than 2 months and I want to condition myself for everything.

Re: Hardest Thing

Physically it was shin splints, blisters and the skin being rubbed raw on my inner legs. Because you're running three days a week along with the constant pounding from road marches and running everywhere in your boots, your body doesn't have much time to recover.

Mentally, it's just the fact that you're in a strange environment, with 40-50 strangers, from all different walks of life from the inner city of Brooklyn to country boys from Iowa to those from Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. You'll miss your home, family, home cooking, etc.

The thing to keep in mind, everyone else is going through the same thing. Hundreds of thousands before you have made it and many more after will make it through too.

Best of Luck!!

Comment

Dealing with egos of other guys. Containing yourself when idiots jeopardize the whole platoon and just don't care. I always tell people it's like a reality show. Everyone is super cool and friendly at first, but the crazies come out as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Everyone is super cool and friendly at first, but the crazies come out as time goes on.
        lol how come Snookie is first to come to mind??? GTL anyone?

Comment

Working...
        X