X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19D Not going to Benning?

Greetings, I posted this question in another forum and I figured I would give it a shot here. Is there any instance where a 19D would not be sent to Benning for basic?

I signed as 19D here and I am being sent to Jackson.

Thank you

Re: 19D Not going to Benning?

Originally posted by dcsti22 View Post
    Greetings, I posted this question in another forum and I figured I would give it a shot here. Is there any instance where a 19D would not be sent to Benning for basic?

I signed as 19D here and I am being sent to Jackson.

Thank you
    Technically, your MOS isn't important for your BCT location. The Army often tries to keep the BCT/AIT locations as near as possible, but you can realistically attend BCT at Ft. Jackson and AIT at Ft. Benning.

Does this answer your question?

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      Technically, your MOS isn't important for your BCT location. The Army often tries to keep the BCT/AIT locations as near as possible, but you can realistically attend BCT at Ft. Jackson and AIT at Ft. Benning.

It's going to be a culture shock!

Comment

Yessir, It answers my question. I was just concerned reading all the OSUT information. Thank you!

Comment

It's going to be a culture shock!
          Ha! Very true.

OP, I'm glad I could help. Keep us posted!

Comment

Ha! Very true.

OP, I'm glad I could help. Keep us posted!
            Will do! In regards to the culture shock comment, I am assuming it is because Ft. Jackson is referred to as 'Relaxin Jackson'?

Comment

I thought 19D OSUT was at Ft knox? I know there were tons of em there when I went to basic.
              Last edited by ack202; October 24th, 2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Will do! In regards to the culture shock comment, I am assuming it is because Ft. Jackson is referred to as 'Relaxin Jackson'?
                Yes, each training location has their own reputation. Fort Jackson just happens to be considered "easy" comparatively. Hence, why it would be such a culture shock switching to Fort Benning.

Comment

Originally posted by ack202 View Post
                  I thought 19D OSUT was at Ft knox? I know there were tons of em there when I went to basic.
                  From my research, 11 series and 19D have moved to benning.

Yes, each training location has their own reputation. Fort Jackson just happens to be considered "easy" comparatively. Hence, why it would be such a culture shock switching to Fort Benning.
                  One of my friends just retired, he said that jackson is no longer called 'relaxin jackson' lol

He said that one of the DI's told them "I guess you all have heard this place is called relaxin jackson...WELL THAT ALL CHANGES RIGHT NOW" lol

Comment

It can't be OSUT at Jackson. Cav / Armor is all at Harmony Church on Ft. Benning now. Either way, whatever happens at Relaxin' Jackson. Be prepared for it to get C-R-A-Z-Y by 100 times at Harmony.

Comment

That is why I was confused because I thought OSUT meant I did basic and AIT at one training location (benning)

I have my job (19D) and I have basic at Jackson, so I was a little concerned. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

That is why I was confused because I thought OSUT meant I did basic and AIT at one training location (benning)

I have my job (19D) and I have basic at Jackson, so I was a little concerned. Thanks for the reply!
                        I was pretty sure it was obvious, but to clarify, Ft. Jackson was used as an EXAMPLE of how different training locations can be different from each other, not that 19D train there.

Comment

I was pretty sure it was obvious, but to clarify, Ft. Jackson was used as an EXAMPLE of how different training locations can be different from each other, not that 19D train there.
                          I understood hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X