X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leaving for OSUT soon, nervous...

It's gone well. We finished up our 5th week on Sunday and left the following Wednesday. About 7 more weeks to go and I'll be graduating.

The only hard part for me has been the separation from my wife and daughter. The training itself is top-notch and very doable.

Comment

Glad you got some good advice and that your training is going well. Enjoy the next few days as you get to relax, but don't over eat and undo all of the hard training that you have put in. Have a great holiday.

Comment

Ditto. On my road trip, for the holidays.

Comment

I'm back guys!

Comment

Originally posted by StandFast85 View Post
            Thank you everyone! The laminated pictures of my family was a terrific idea!
            In my basic the drill sergeants took the pictures of our girlfriends, wives, and sisters and divided them into two sections. Hot or ugly. Then tapes them to the wall.

Comment

I'm back guys!
              How about a new thread about how it went? Your journey!

I don't leave till August but I'm eager to know what goes on. Everything on youtube is at least a year old. :/

Comment

If you have any questions ask away! Either here or PM.

Comment

did you bring extra clothing with you..of just what you wore to ship out?

Comment

I'm back guys!
                    Congrats! Glad you made it back in one piece. I too am not thrilled about leaving my wife and daughter for ~ 6 to 7 months. I will have to use the laminated photo's. I like the earlier suggestion about making videos on their phones too.

Comment

30th will provide you with everything you need. Make sure you bring disposable razors and deodorant in case they don't take you to the PX within the first few days. Wear some jeans and a nice shirt if possible. I wore nice jeans and a button down tucked in. Try to make a good impression ya know? The drill sergeants at 30th and the ones "down range" talk to one another.

Comment

Welcome back StandFast.

So I bet in some ways it wasn't as bad as you were expecting, and in other ways worse. No matter what, you made it through and now on to better things. Don't forget the lessons and learn from your NCO's. They have a wealth of information. Some are better than others (like in any profession). But listen and learn. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X