X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIT at Benning

Hello All. I will be sworn in on Monday pending a passing physical. I cannot wait!. My MOS will be 19D and I will be at fort benning. I was just wondering something. During AIT, will we be able to go out of the base? Like when training is over for the day? Or on weekends? How does that work? Is any free time granted to you during AIT? Also, if anyone has gone through the AIT for Cav scouts, can anyone give me a run down on how it is? What you all do? Thank you.

Re: AIT at Benning

I am curious also. (Note, 19D use to be trained at Fort Knox.)

Infantry in AIT at Benning do not generally get much for passes at all as AIT is more like an extended BCT with the same lack of freedom and same amount of punishment. But it ultimately comes down to your commander, drill sergeants and how naughty or nice you all have been.

Comment

Re: AIT at Benning

Originally posted by Schmitt444 View Post
      Hello All. I will be sworn in on Monday pending a passing physical. I cannot wait!. My MOS will be 19D and I will be at fort benning. I was just wondering something. During AIT, will we be able to go out of the base? Like when training is over for the day? Or on weekends? How does that work? Is any free time granted to you during AIT? Also, if anyone has gone through the AIT for Cav scouts, can anyone give me a run down on how it is? What you all do? Thank you.
      Hey there, Warrior!

I am in 19D OSUT now. I had my family day weekend this weekend. I will tell you that you are about to go through the toughest schooling outside of Spec Ops in the Army. I am not going to give away too many details because I'm not going to get in trouble with my chain of command but here is what I can tell you.

1) You will not be able to go out of the base during AIT. You will be restricted to where the DS says you can go. You will be more likely to get a pass during the week where you may be able to go to the rec center and play video games or use the computer. But that is all earned in blood, sweat and tears. Literally.

2) Weekends are basically the same as regular days. Train train train. Sundays though for the first half of the day you will all be afforded the opportunity to go to religious services. I go to Jewish services because the message plays out for me. Plus its at Sand Hill (not Harmony Church where you will be) and its nice to not see the same thing yet AGAIN

3) During AIT you still have your hour of free time, but you will do barracks maintainance until 2100.

4) During basic don't plan on getting your phone or tons of free time.

PREPARE MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY before you ship. Be ready to lay it down. Go full force on everything you do. Never let up an inch. Scouts are a small community and they train us that way. They want THE BEST SCOUTS ONLY. Not everyone has what it takes. Not saying you don't just be prepared for it to be demanding. Good luck to you!

One for All!

PV2 McCune, Jonathan

If you ain't CAV...

Comment

Working...
      X