Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How and what to ship a 19D in OSUT at Benning (during BCT)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How and what to ship a 19D in OSUT at Benning (during BCT)

Hi- any advice as to what a 19D really needs from the outside world during BCT?

It's only been three weeks or so since my boyfriend left, so I believe he's about a week and a half into BCT. I send letters daily (he just started getting them - the first 3 arrived simultaneously), but I want to know what else to send, and how to ship it. He requested stuff to take care of his feet, so I'm putting together a small care package with Dr. Scholls inserts, Moleskin, and Gold Bond foot cream (and extras for him to hold on to or share with his equally blister-footed comrades). He mentioned something about taking things out of the packaging before I send them, though, so I am trying to find out if he's just trying to save me money on postage, or if there's a reason on his end.

I know photos are ok, but they can't be racy or anything, but he hasn't said much else. Will I get him in trouble if I cut out a Sports Illustrated article for him? I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what is appropriate and permissable!

Thanks!

Re: How and what to ship a 19D in OSUT at Benning (during BCT)

When I was at 19D OSUT (Ft. Knox, however) I don't remember getting anything like foot powder, but we could buy it at the PX when we were allowed to go. News/magazine articles weren't allowed, but you could write or copy/paste the words of the article/print them and mail them like a letter.

All I really wanted was letters and pictures. Spray them with your perfume, and he'll be alright

Comment

Originally posted by ScoutzOut View Post
      When I was at 19D OSUT (Ft. Knox, however) I don't remember getting anything like foot powder, but we could buy it at the PX when we were allowed to go. News/magazine articles weren't allowed, but you could write or copy/paste the words of the article/print them and mail them like a letter.

All I really wanted was letters and pictures. Spray them with your perfume, and he'll be alright
      Thanks! He specifically requested the stuff for his feet (he's 26, with years of soccer and football injuries, do BCT has not been kind to his poor feet). I just wanted to bulk up the care package so it wasn't all foot stuff. Already sending lots of letters - his DS and the other guys gave him a hard time when so many arrived at once.

Thanks for the idea about disguising articles - I'll give that a try!

Also- is there any reason why I should take things out of the product packaging before sending?
      Last edited by rtparnell; July 31st, 2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

the rule of thumb is.. if you are going to send junk food, make sure it is enough for everyone.. sometimes the DS will be nice and give everyone 5 seconds to get as much of it down as possible. also, the rule on pictures is, if it is racy, everyone gets to see it. then the DS throws it away. other than that, he will go to the px to buy stuff, and most of what you send he will just do pushups for, and then prob not be able to keep.

Comment

Working...
        X