Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a ng 68w be airbourne and ranger trained

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can a ng 68w be airbourne and ranger trained

    Hello just wondering i am from wisconsin and joined as a 68w. i was wondering can i become airbourne and then go to ranger school?

  • #2
    Re: Can a ng 68w be airbourne and ranger trained

    If you did not get airborne and option 40 in your enlistment contract then unlikely since your unit has to fund it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Can a ng 68w be airbourne and ranger trained

      Originally posted by gfm2006 View Post
      Hello just wondering i am from wisconsin and joined as a 68w. i was wondering can i become airbourne and then go to ranger school?
      If you're smart enough, you can do anything you want in the NG.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Can a ng 68w be airbourne and ranger trained

        Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        If you did not get airborne and option 40 in your enlistment contract then unlikely since your unit has to fund it.
        FYI: Option 40 is strictly an Active Army enlistment contract. Its a enlistment option to attend RASP 1, in order to try-out for assignment to 75th Ranger Regiment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Can a ng 68w be airbourne and ranger trained

          Originally posted by Squash View Post
          If you're smart enough, you can do anything you want in the NG.
          More like in the right place at the right time with the right friends.

          gfm2006, it all depends on the unit you are in and your state. 1, does your state have the money to send people to Airborne and Ranger School, particularly those soldiers not assigned to an airborne unit or those that do not have the SQI G in the paragraph and line on the unit master roster list. 2, if the state does have the money and it does send soldiers to those schools will they send you? You will have to prove that you deserve to be sent to that school and that the unit and state will benefit from sending you. In the National Guard the chances of any MOS besides 11B going to Ranger School are slim to none. Typically it seems only those who belong to a scout/sniper section in an infantry HHC or are infantry officers get a shot at Ranger school. As for anyone else when it comes to highspeed schools it starts to get very very political at the top.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Can a ng 68w be airbourne and ranger trained

            Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
            FYI: Option 40 is strictly an Active Army enlistment contract. Its a enlistment option to attend RASP 1, in order to try-out for assignment to 75th Ranger Regiment.
            Thank you for letting me know. Being out of the Guard for almost a decade shows.

            Comment

            Working...
            X