X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To 25B and 25U; Life after AIT?

To those that are in 25B and 25U, I was wondering how you guys are doing and where are you guys at now after finishing AIT school. Was there any struggle finding employment?

I am someone without a college degree, but I do have some experiences in the IT/computer field working as a computer technician. My main reason for wanting to join the NG is because I want to have this on my resume; something that can back me up showing that I have education. My other reason is because I think the military can help me get physically fit again. Of course I have other reasons to join, but this isn't about that.

Thanks for reading.

Re: To 25B and 25U; Life after AIT?

If you have a clearance and a CCNA, you shouldn't have a problem qualifying for a lot of entry level jobs out there. Notice I didn't guarantee you could walk into one. Military credentials are great though. If you aren't opposed to moving, any area that has a major military installation also likely has defense contractors in the area as well.

You should consider that degree though too. Community colleges are great ways to start. WGU.edu is a increasingly popular school for Bachelors and Masters degrees in IT.
    Last edited by SteveLord; August 21st, 2013, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X