X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental Assistants

Really interested in joining the guard as a 68E Dental assistant. Just curious as to how the certification with this MOS works as different stated require different dental assisting certs. Would the training for this allow me to be able to assist in any state? I also already have my licensing -- RDA (California) and CDA (38 other states). Would these allow me to skip the training after basic? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Re: Dental Assistants

I strongly recommend that you consider at least two other MOS in addition to this one. Dental is a very small field, so you may not have a vacancy (or a vacancy nearby).

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      I strongly recommend that you consider at least two other MOS in addition to this one. Dental is a very small field, so you may not have a vacancy (or a vacancy nearby).
      Thank you. I will ask my recruiter how available it is in nevada. It would be my first choice. I eventually want to get into the education side of it and teach it at a college.

Comment

I'll go further than LTC Ritchie and say slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          Why is it so slim?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            Readers should bear in mind that the Guard's medical capabilities are tactically-focused. We have medical detachments designed to run annual physicals and evaluate Soldiers for medical boards; and we have combat medical companies ("Charlie Med"), focused on battlefield casualties. The Guard has no units to run hospitals or clinics.

I ran a database query on 68E, grade E4 and below. The Guard nationwide is authorized 158, and we have 280 assigned. That's nationwide, however. The following states have vacancies:

Alabama
            California
            Illinois
            Kansas
            Louisiana
            Maine
            New York
            Pennsylvania
            Puerto Rico
            Tennessee
            Utah
            Wyoming

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
              Readers should bear in mind that the Guard's medical capabilities are tactically-focused. We have medical detachments designed to run annual physicals and evaluate Soldiers for medical boards; and we have combat medical companies ("Charlie Med"), focused on battlefield casualties. The Guard has no units to run hospitals or clinics.

I ran a database query on 68E, grade E4 and below. The Guard nationwide is authorized 158, and we have 280 assigned. That's nationwide, however. The following states have vacancies:

Alabama
              California
              Illinois
              Kansas
              Louisiana
              Maine
              New York
              Pennsylvania
              Puerto Rico
              Tennessee
              Utah
              Wyoming