X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest AIT

Just curious, what is the longest Advanced Inidivual Training (AIT) course the ARNG has to offer? I am 15P so I know mine is one of the shortest... haha.

Re: Longest AIT

I am sure EOD 89D is in the running, add in officer and your probably looking at Flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tclarky View Post
      Just curious, what is the longest Advanced Inidivual Training (AIT) course the ARNG has to offer? I am 15P so I know mine is one of the shortest... haha.
      Combined with AIT training for Special Forces (18X) is over 3 years. IMO you gotta be a special kind of nut with no life to go through that.
      Last edited by SF Hunter; May 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

You're a brave man for saying that around here....!

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
          You're a brave man for saying that around here....!
          I've trained with some of those guys. Same as everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
            Combined with AIT training for Special Forces (18X) is over 3 years. IMO you gotta be a special kind of nut with no life to go through that.
            WHAT ARE YOU SAYING???

Plus, your link about the SF training is outdated and inaccurate. So, I am going to delete it.

Comment

Yes, but they have pencils and we *know* what they can do with a pencil!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
                Yes, but they have pencils and we *know* what they can do with a pencil!!
                Its not a matter of "if" an SF Guy is going to SNAP, it a matter of "when".

jk, maybe

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
                  WHAT ARE YOU SAYING???

Plus, your link about the SF training is outdated and inaccurate. So, I am going to delete it.
                  Is this a little more accurate?

Training and Time-line

1. Basic Combat Training (BCT) - 11 weeks, if not prior service Army, Marines, Navy SPECOPS or Air Force SPECOPS.
                  2. Advanced Individual Training (AIT), if not Army MOS qualified (For Prior-Service)
                  3. Special Forces Readiness Evaluation or Assessment Drill (SFRE/SFAD) 2-3 days, Local SF unit “try-out”
                  4. Special Forces Assessment and Selection (SFAS) – 3 weeks, Ft. Bragg, NC
                  5. Airborne School (if not Airborne Qualified) – 3 weeks, Ft. Benning, GA

6. Warrior Leader Course/Common Leadership Training (WLC/CLT) [NCOES E4 & E5] – 3 weeks, Ft. Bragg, NC
                  7. Special Forces Qualification Course (SFQC), Ft. Bragg, NC
                  Phase I: SF Orientation and History – 7 weeks [SF Core Tasks, SF History, Intro to UW/G support for Robin Sage]
                  Phase II: Language and Culture* – CAT I & II - 18 Weeks (Spanish,French,Indonesian); CAT III & IV - 24 Weeks (Arabic, Chinese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Russian, Persian, Farsi, Korean and Thai)
                  Phase III: SF Tactical Combat Skills – 13 weeks [SUT, Urban/Mounted tactics, Advanced Marksmanship. MDMP and SERE-C]
                  Phase IV: SF Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Training – 14 weeks (18B, 18C, 18E); 50 weeks (18D)
                  Phase V: SF UW Cumulative Exercise (Robin Sage) – 4 weeks World's foremost Unconventional Warfare Cumulative Exercise.
                  Phase VI: Graduation – 1 week

*Candidates are required to take a Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) at the end of language training. Must pass Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) before beginning Phase III.

The entire training time-line is 16-26 months depending upon attendance to Airborne school, WLC, language and SF MOS.

Comment

Its not a matter of "if" an SF Guy is going to SNAP, it a matter of "when".

jk, maybe
                    If it makes you feel any better I'm a special kind of nut myself. But my window for SF passed over 20 years ago.

Comment

Is this a little more accurate?

Training and Time-line

1. Basic Combat Training (BCT) - 11 weeks, if not prior service Army, Marines, Navy SPECOPS or Air Force SPECOPS.
                      2. Advanced Individual Training (AIT), if not Army MOS qualified (For Prior-Service)
                      3. Special Forces Readiness Evaluation or Assessment Drill (SFRE/SFAD) 2-3 days, Local SF unit “try-out”
                      4. Special Forces Assessment and Selection (SFAS) – 3 weeks, Ft. Bragg, NC
                      5. Airborne School (if not Airborne Qualified) – 3 weeks, Ft. Benning, GA

6. Warrior Leader Course/Common Leadership Training (WLC/CLT) [NCOES E4 & E5] – 3 weeks, Ft. Bragg, NC
                      7. Special Forces Qualification Course (SFQC), Ft. Bragg, NC
                      Phase I: SF Orientation and History – 7 weeks [SF Core Tasks, SF History, Intro to UW/G support for Robin Sage]
                      Phase II: Language and Culture* – CAT I & II - 18 Weeks (Spanish,French,Indonesian); CAT III & IV - 24 Weeks (Arabic, Chinese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Russian, Persian, Farsi, Korean and Thai)
                      Phase III: SF Tactical Combat Skills – 13 weeks [SUT, Urban/Mounted tactics, Advanced Marksmanship. MDMP and SERE-C]
                      Phase IV: SF Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Training – 14 weeks (18B, 18C, 18E); 50 weeks (18D)
                      Phase V: SF UW Cumulative Exercise (Robin Sage) – 4 weeks World's foremost Unconventional Warfare Cumulative Exercise.
                      Phase VI: Graduation – 1 week

*Candidates are required to take a Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) at the end of language training. Must pass Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) before beginning Phase III.

The entire training time-line is 16-26 months depending upon attendance to Airborne school, WLC, language and SF MOS.
                      If your current or prior service, its accurate. But, not for REP 63/18X.

Mister smarty pants

Comment

If your current or prior service, its accurate. But, not for REP 63/18X.

Mister smarty pants
                        Understood.

Comment

Understood.
                          You know, I am just giving you a hard time?

Comment

You know, I am just giving you a hard time?
                            Only as long as you thought I was doing the same to you.

Comment

INFINITY.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

Comment

Working...
                              X