X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Lee

My MOS is 92F and I want to know what I can expect from Fort Lee. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Kara Lane Goff; April 30th, 2013, 06:11 AM.

Re: Fort Lee

Originally posted by Kara Lane Goff View Post
    My MOS is 92F and I want to know what I can expect from Fort Lee. Thanks in advance!
    I was there Aug-Oct 2011. Also a 92F. Fort Lee is not one of the "college-type" AITs that the Recruiters and Drill Sergeants talk about. Good news is, all the really old barracks (like the ones I had) are gone, and I think the movie theatre should be open by now (had been closed for renovation when I was there). Schoolhouse is really nice, training is good. Expect to have an hour or two of free time daily, and most of the weekends free. Don't expect to go off post on pass until you have been there 4 weeks or so. If you have more specific questions, PM me.

Comment

At Ft Lee they let you sleep in and a mint will be on your pillow when you return from P.T. I hope you enjoy your time there.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
        At Ft Lee they let you sleep in and a mint will be on your pillow when you return from P.T. I hope you enjoy your time there.
        Really wishing you had been my 1st Sgt, if that's what you do for your soldiers Top!

Comment

Originally posted by PALINATHAS View Post
          I was there Aug-Oct 2011. Also a 92F. Fort Lee is not one of the "college-type" AITs that the Recruiters and Drill Sergeants talk about. Good news is, all the really old barracks (like the ones I had) are gone, and I think the movie theatre should be open by now (had been closed for renovation when I was there). Schoolhouse is really nice, training is good. Expect to have an hour or two of free time daily, and most of the weekends free. Don't expect to go off post on pass until you have been there 4 weeks or so. If you have more specific questions, PM me.
          You must have been in Quartermasters, right? If you were in Ordnance then it was as close to "college-type" as the military can get. I was there from November 30th 2012 - March 13th 2013. My platoon was the only platoon in Echo company that had night classes, so we were pretty much exempt from all formations and we did PT at 10:30 am. Everyday we had, on average, 4 hours of free time. We received gold phase benefits about 6 weeks into training. Awesome dorm-like barracks with personal latrines. Only part that sucked was that our first chow was at 1700 and our last chow was a MRE at 2300, other than that it was a great 14 weeks for me. Fort NeverLeeve, I envy the holdovers.
          Last edited by Kyrul; May 7th, 2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrul View Post
            You must have been in Quartermasters, right? If you were in Ordnance then it was as close to "college-type" as the military can get.
            Yes, I was 92F, same as the OP. (Well still am 92F actually!)

Comment

Working...
            X