Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Split-op] [AIT] [Question] Changing MOS's after Basic but before AIT

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Split-op] [AIT] [Question] Changing MOS's after Basic but before AIT

    Question, I went to BCT last summer and I ship in 8 weeks to elsewhere for AIT. (Not saying due to OPSEC) Anyways, I found myself interested in another MOS of the same field in the 25 range. I wanted to swap from 25U to 35F** or 25Q. They are both available in my state.

    Was curious if this is possible or I just have to continue with the current MOS I have selected.
    Last edited by JYuh; April 20th, 2013, 01:11 AM.

  • #2
    Re: [Split-op] [AIT] [Question] Changing MOS's after Basic but before AIT

    (Not saying due to OPSEC)
    You mean Ft Gordon, GA the home of the Signal School?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: [Split-op] [AIT] [Question] Changing MOS's after Basic but before AIT

      Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      You mean Ft Gordon, GA the home of the Signal School?
      Yep lol. Anyways, seeing if this is possible to switch.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: [Split-op] [AIT] [Question] Changing MOS's after Basic but before AIT

        Originally posted by JYuh View Post
        Question, I went to BCT last summer and I ship in 8 weeks to elsewhere for AIT. (Not saying due to OPSEC) Anyways, I found myself interested in another MOS of the same field in the 25 range. I wanted to swap from 25U to 35F** or 25Q. They are both available in my state.

        Was curious if this is possible or I just have to continue with the current MOS I have selected.
        Nothing at all OPSEC about going to BCT and AIT. Deploying and returning stateside is different.

        You need to go to your RSP unit first thing Monday morning and talk to your counselor there. Knowing an MOS you're interested in is available and having a slot actually open for you to get into are two different things. Had that happen to me. An MOS can be available one day and snatched up the next. Shouldn't take long to get a new MOS but your ship date may change.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: [Split-op] [AIT] [Question] Changing MOS's after Basic but before AIT

          Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
          Nothing at all OPSEC about going to BCT and AIT. Deploying and returning stateside is different.

          You need to go to your RSP unit first thing Monday morning and talk to your counselor there. Knowing an MOS you're interested in is available and having a slot actually open for you to get into are two different things. Had that happen to me. An MOS can be available one day and snatched up the next. Shouldn't take long to get a new MOS but your ship date may change.
          Yea I'm not worried to much about the ship date change at all, I really fell in love with 35F (Intel Analyst). The top secret clearance kind of got my attention and I know I'll be working in a completely new field, plus it would help with any kind of law enforcement in the future but it sounds pretty cool being the only few that can handle intel that could possibly start another major battle/war depending on what the information is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: [Split-op] [AIT] [Question] Changing MOS's after Basic but before AIT

            While it IS possible to change your MOS before shipping to AIT, it's not easy and many States have policies against renogotiating a contract unless there are extreme circumstances, for example legal or financial issues. If you enlisted for a bonus or kicker, you may lose those benefits.

            Comment

            Working...
            X