Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduating AIT Soon Question About Annual Training

Hello,

I am finishing up 5 months of training in 2 weeks. I found out my next drill schedules and annual training dates for my future unit. I will head back to RSP in a few weeks to outprocess from them. If my annual training is early June will I be required to attend? I might have one drill, if that, with my unit before then. Also I have 3+ months of active duty for training this year. I am just curious because I have been told by a few that they will not have us attend because of the active duty we have already been to this year. Thanks for any information.

Re: Graduating AIT Soon Question About Annual Training

Simple answer, probably not.

AT costs money. If you already have 2+ weeks of Active Duty time (which you have 5 months) then you already meet the yearly MUTA requirements and they won't send you.

Now, some units will send you just because. Best bet is to try and contact the unit RRNCO to see about it.

Comment

Direct your question to your chain of command, with your own desire. If you don't want to attend AT, you'll most likely get approval to skip. Nevertheless, this is an issue you want to resolve well in advance.

Comment

You don't HAVE to. Some guys that just back from deployment didn't have to attend AT that year, but they were allowed to if they volunteered.

So if you want to, then do it. Pay is not bad. If you don't, then don't.

Comment

Depends on the financial situation mostly. If there is a pending deployment it is usually manditory even with the other active time accumulated plus money comes on trees then. Having AT as your first "drill" isnt unheard of at all. Just this last AT I took two different 18 year olds under my wing because it was their first and their section didnt really have a good sponsor. The year I finished AIT I was given the option, basically how it was explained to you up above. If I wanted to go they would have let me, if I didnt, they were cool with it too. I didnt go. I regreted it ever since. There are members of that unit that notice and decide in their head I wasnt a 'team' player then. You will make more enemies being noticed not being in the suck for the two weeks with them as opposed to going and not really knowing what is going on. JMO

Comment

Working...
          X