X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry OSUT summer?

if i get done school may 3rd and start augest 27th is it possible to do infantry bct/ait in one summer?

Re: Infantry OSUT summer?

If you're done with school in May you'll more than likely be slated to ship off anywhere from a day after you graduate to a week, maybe two. But there is no such thing as BCT/AIT at infantry school. If you're thinking that you're going to knock OSUT out over the summer and be back in time for college orientation--that's not going to work. You'll miss the first few days to a few weeks of college--give or take.

OSUT--is--straight--through.

It goes like this: At week 8 your Drill Sergeant will say 'congratulations you're a soldier'.

Now get in your rack so you can rest up for FTX next week.

DRINK WATER!!!!

YEAH. Something like that. Get ready.

Hug your girlfriend, kiss your goldfish.

Cry now. That way by the time you ship you'll be all dried out and manned up.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; April 1st, 2013, 01:40 AM.

Comment

^ Our 1SG told us something vulgar that I can't repeat here and proceeded to smoke us for only half an hour to remind us he wasn't done with us yet. Doh! We feared him more than the drill sergeants.

Comment

I think doing your best is the way to go and also achiveing your Goal is second best and getting through BCT good luck to my friend

Comment

OSUT is 14 weeks long. I ship off in 20130813 and get done 20131129 if that helps.

Comment

can't you get back in time? absolutely if you are going 11b. I managed to do it as a 19D with a 16 OSUT. at worst you'll be two weeks behind in the semester which really isn't that big of a deal if you are taking freshman classes. the first week is usually all orientation anyway. Be prepared to be burned out once you hit school though. Been there done that except I came back four weeks in. not fun

Comment

Do you have to go to OSUT in the summer? Have you thought about switching OSUT with a semester of college? You might consider going to college full-time in the summer- 12 hours of summer school. Then after that, go to OSUT for the 14 weeks. If you leave in the middle of August, your OSUT should end around Thanksgiving. That would give you a nice long break until the Spring semester starts in January. I think this plan would prove to be a lot less stressful, time wise, and yield almost the same amount of college credit. Also, if you are just starting college you could take the summer school at your local community college. These courses should be much cheaper than a four year university.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike9307 View Post
                if i get done school may 3rd and start augest 27th is it possible to do infantry bct/ait in one summer?
                I would suggest that you stay in school and work on your grammer......my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                X