Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a 19D and doing the split op program?

Alright guys so I'm currently waiting for my hearing waiver to process through meps my unit already accepted me. I'm 18 and I will be attending the university in the fall. I will be doing Army Rotc I don't know if I got the scholarship or not fingers cross. Well since I wan't to start college as a normal freshmen my recruiter talked about the split op. I would go to Basic this summer and go to AIT next summer. Well I was doing some more research and I found out about OSUT. Well how does this work with the split op program if it even works at all? Thanks in advance. I just wanted to get a second opinion.

Re: Being a 19D and doing the split op program?

This is just a wild guess on my part but I imagine that they would insert you into whatever week the AIT portion of 19D OSUT begins. Secondly, if you're doing ROTC as an SMP cadet, why go to AIT at all? Correct me if I'm wrong but based on my interactions with cadets in my unit and elsewhere it's not required.

Comment

Re: Being a 19D and doing the split op program?

Well I would not be contracted until my junior year. And SMP is for sophomores. I could wait another year and not go to AIT I guess but I would like to have the experience.

Comment

Working...
      X