X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIT or College?

I have a son going to basic this summer, he is to got to AIT after that. Would he receive the same scholarships if he went to AIT AFTER college as before?

Re: AIT or College?

Originally posted by MRuehs View Post
    I have a son going to basic this summer, he is to got to AIT after that. Would he receive the same scholarships if he went to AIT AFTER college as before?
    This doesn't make any sense. You cannot delay AIT until "after college."

Also, National Guard (state) and federal education benefits are not scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
      This doesn't make any sense. You cannot delay AIT until "after college."

Also, National Guard (state) and federal education benefits are not scholarships.
      Where do they serve free lunches?

Comment

You'll have to clarify your question because what you have stated doesn't make sense with any current programs in the NG...

Comment

1. Was your son already enrolled and attending class before he enlisted?

2. Was your son ever AWARDED any bonuses or anything upon enlistment OTHER than the normal GI benefits?

3. If your son is going to directly from basic training to AIT (OSUT maybe), then your question is irrelevant.

4. If your son is under the split option, which means he'll go to basic training this summer, then do AIT the following summer, then he may be able to use his ARNG benefits. Be wary that the sequester may have shut down tuition assistanc system wide. But he may be able to get it on the state level.
          Last edited by VICEROY06; March 19th, 2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I will infer that you're talking about split option, meaning that the Soldier attends AIT about a year after Basic Training. I'm also inferring that when you write "scholarships" you refer broadly to any assistance specifically targeted towards education. Take a look at the link in my signature block, and find the FAQ that deals with that topic.

Comment

Working...
            X