X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19D AIT at Smyrna, TN

Just received an email today from my readiness NCO that phase 2 of my 19d training will take place at Smyrna, TN vs Ft Benning. Has anyone else experienced this or heard of this?

To catch up to speed, I am classified as prior service, coming from Air National Guard, discharged 5th week of BMT for a tattoo being out of regs. The ANG is sending me to Ft Jackson as Prior Service (my orders say prior service training) and I come back home for a week, then ship to Smyrna, TN for my 19D AIT...

Does this sound right?

Re: 19D AIT at Smyrna, TN

Sounds like they are sending you to what would essentially be a re-class school. This is where they would send in-service or prior-service soldiers who are already MOS qualified to learn a new job.

I drill at Smyrna underneath the Regimental Training Institutue (RTI). They do conduct 19D MOS Training as well as 92A/Y, 31B, 88M, and Advanced NCO courses.

Comment

Thank you.

I finisned BCT at relaxin Jackson and now I am headed to TN in a few days. Anxious to see what it is like training wise, if I can bring my laptop, keep my phone...

Comment

Originally posted by dcsti22 View Post
        Thank you.

I finisned BCT at relaxin Jackson and now I am headed to TN in a few days. Anxious to see what it is like training wise, if I can bring my laptop, keep my phone...
        If this is a NG MOS school, it will likely be extremely laid back, compared to an AIT environment. Be prepared to have the responsibility of doing things on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
          If this is a NG MOS school, it will likely be extremely laid back, compared to an AIT environment. Be prepared to have the responsibility of doing things on your own.
          I have searched the site and nothing Smyrna specific has come up. There are a few comments from 2009, from another NG MOS location for 19D, that said it was a 'gentlemans course'

I am looking forward to it. Since I am driving my POV down, I am going to bring my laptop and some civie clothes.

Thank you all

Comment

Working...
          X