X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15T AIT questions

I just joined the National Guard as a 15T after 16 years of being out of the active duty Army as an 11B. My first drill is this weekend. I'm already hearing some conflicting information about my AIT. Specifically, my recruiter told me the National Guard AIT is 11 weeks because they run the classes longer hours per day. A guy from my unit today told me 16 weeks. Also, recruiter said he was pretty sure I would be able to split the training to help accomodate my civilian job. The guy at the unit said he had never heard of that. Anyone got any info that can help me sort this out?

Re: 15T AIT questions

Did your recruiter show you all of this in writing? You cannot split AIT. It's done in one push.

Comment

OP, some MOS's have RC schools which are broken up into two week phases vs the active duty. This is maybe where the confusion is coming from.

Comment

You'll be going to Joint Base Langley Eustis, Virginia (formerly Ft. Eustis). For 15T you'll be in C Company, 1-222d Aviation Regiment, 128th Aviation Brigade. According to ATRRS the course length is 14 weeks and 1 day.

There is a Reserve Component Reclass School (but since you've been out so long, not sure Reclass would apply) held at the Eastern ARNG Aviation Training Site (EAATS) at Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA. It is 8 weeks and 2 days.

Comment

Also, are you maybe referring to the Split Training Option?

Comment

Working...
          X