X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35M and Dlab requirment

I have completed everything at MEPS with the exception of the enlistment. I have opted for any 35 series job or a 12y job. I am mostly interested in 35M or 35N however. Last Thursday I was told there was a 35M available but I needed to take the dlab. I scored a 100 on the dlab but was told after that I needed a 110 and would have to be a Chaplin assistant or a mechanic or wait. I elected to wait, I am no rush. I am an adult with a family and a great job I am enlisting for a few reasons one of which is to obtain a TS clearance.

Back to my question, can anyone confirm if it is normal for 35M to require a 110? Everything I have read states 100 should be passing for a 35M but I understand that the material available to read isn't always the most current.

I hope to get a contract and sign within the next week, just curious if anyone can tell me if I still have a shot at a 35M or not.

Regards!

Re: 35M and Dlab requirment

It depends on the language needed by the unit. Some quick googling:

Category IV language: 110 or better (Modern Standard Arabic, Pashto, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean)

Comment

Re: 35M and Dlab requirment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      It depends on the language needed by the unit.
      Ah, that was the part I was not seeing anywhere. So the specific 35M spot I was looking at must of required a Cat IV language. Maybe, if I am lucky, one will pop up with a Cat III language. I appreciate the clarification.

Regards!

Comment

Working...
      X