X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 series AIT for prior service

I'm currently active duty and looking into my options in the guard. If I go into the Guard and stay enlisted I'm going to reclass to 35 series. My top three are 35N, 35F, and 35L. What is AIT like for prior service guys? Is there time off (such as weekends off or anything like that)? How are the living conditions? Are POVs allowed? I'm an E5 with a possibility I could make E6 before I'd join, so I don't feel like being treated like a PVT anymore.

Thank you
    SGT Whaley

Re: 35 series AIT for prior service

Sgt Whaley,

I am a 35F. You will do your AIT at Fort Huachuca, AZ. MOS-T's (re-class soldiers) have a great deal of privileges over IET soldiers. Your barracks are separate of course, you are allowed to have a POV, you are allotted privileges like weekends off, etc. The biggest difference is your spare time. You will have almost every weekend off, after class your free, and your allowed to go off post.

This is all what I experienced for 35F, so I can not speak about another MOS. Also, individual experiences may vary based on your training company.

Comment

Working...
    X