X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35M AIT before or after DLI

my recruiter shows BCT to AIT, no mention of DLI. does anyone know when i would do dli? i was told my units 35Mikes are "language required"

Re: 35M AIT before or after DLI

if you need to go out there, it will be after BCT, but before AIT. they need you to be qualified for the language, as well as have an intact TS/SCI before you step foot on ft. Wegotcha for your Intel training

Comment

Originally posted by marreroj View Post
      my recruiter shows BCT to AIT, no mention of DLI. does anyone know when i would do dli? i was told my units 35Mikes are "language required"
      Not all 35M's require a language however, if you need it, you'll get it. I would touch base with your unit just to be sure everyone is on the same page.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i just enlisted today and my mos says something along the lines of 35MXXXKP (korean) But All the other paperwork shows FT.jackson for 10 weeks and then straight to Huachuca for around 21 weeks. everyone here (meps liason and recruiter) seems to think i learn korean in Huachuca, but i doubt they can teach anyone a brand new language and MOS in just 5 months, so it seems like they will change up my class dates to include DLI.

P.S i was told i get a "military Handoff" to an RSP unit, will i have the chance to meet With my Inteligence unit Before shipping out?

Comment

Originally posted by marreroj View Post
          Thanks for the info, i just enlisted today and my mos says something along the lines of 35MXXXKP (korean) But All the other paperwork shows FT.jackson for 10 weeks and then straight to Huachuca for around 21 weeks. everyone here (meps liason and recruiter) seems to think i learn korean in Huachuca, but i doubt they can teach anyone a brand new language and MOS in just 5 months, so it seems like they will change up my class dates to include DLI.

P.S i was told i get a "military Handoff" to an RSP unit, will i have the chance to meet With my Inteligence unit Before shipping out?
          haha never trust the meps people. also, it is possible you wont need the language, you will get more concrete orders in BCT. You won't have a handoff to get into RSP, only to get out. I would not worry about meeting up with your unit this early in the game, as by the time you are done training, probably half of them will be different people, run by different leadership. just focus on learning what you can at RSP while you are there

Comment

So i went and did my paperwork at RSP but no one knows when or IF I study a language, any recent 35M's that can tell me how the training schedule worked out for them?

Comment

Korean is 64 weeks long and only taught (for IETers) at DLI, not at Huachuca. Your Unit's Readiness NCO should give you the full deal.

Comment

thanks for the info but i'm not sure where to look for more info. I've been trying to search through ako but i cant find anything that even remotely resembles what i'm looking for. Is my training info on AKO? is my units readiness NCO information on AKO? if not how can i get his information?

Comment

in my 35m contract and what i was told by NCOs handling my info and contract, if they need you to go to DLI you will go after AIT. It might be different now or for PAANG but that is what i was told. I was also required to take and pass the D-Lab test with a 95 in order to get my job slot. I passed and did. I was told later after AIT, my unit might require me to go to DLI so I can be as productive as needed. If they offer it, take it. If they do not, it won't affect you. That is what i have been told many times.

Comment

Have you taken the D-Lab by the way? I am pretty sure, you be sent to DLI without taking it. If you havent taken it, study grammar rules to prepare. Thats pretty much the only way you can prepare for that. Good Luck! My Ait for this MOS is in the summer of 2013 end of march is when it starts. Maybe I will see you around AIT in Arizona

Comment

just an update to a dead thread in case anyone finds themselves in the same boat. 3 weeks before graduating from 35M school i got amended orders to go to DLI. every 35M IADT soldier here @ DLI went to Huachuca first.

Comment

Working...
                      X