X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prior service for AIT

i am really confused about the process for going to AIT versus a national guard correspondence course. i went to meps and got my contract earlier this month for basic. but when i went to my unit to get my AIT dates for ft. gordon, i was told that i would not be going to ft. gordon because the army will not pay for me to be retrained or reclassed. i was never in the army AND THEY NEVER TRAINED me for anything. i was in another branch whose job does not branch over to the army mos. I've read about going to AIT for training and its 20weeks for the 25B job versus them wanting to send me to a national guard offsite for a little under 10 weeks. my concern is, i will not be fully trained in this job as my other counterparts and nor do i receive any of the MOS certifications for 25b job. my question is could there be some confusion why would the army not pay to fund me to be trained. they never funded my training before. and if my mos didn't cross over why cant i take full advantage of the AIT at Gordon with all the training than a slimmed down version with no certs. i was told once I'm mos qualified it does not matter where i went. but how could i be mos qualified if i go to a place that does not certify you but just reclass correspondence. someone please help me. i don't want my career to start in chaos.

Re: prior service for AIT

I have the same question and I was just wondering if anyone has an answer to this? I have already graduated BCT 3 months ago and my unit wants to send me to reclassification school for my MOS 25B. My prior service job has nothing ti do with the Army, and a career counselor told me I ned to go to full AIT in Fort Gordon. My unit does not help in this matter. How can I find out where I need to go and get MOS qualified?

Originally posted by mzchilly View Post
    i am really confused about the process for going to AIT versus a national guard correspondence course. i went to meps and got my contract earlier this month for basic. but when i went to my unit to get my AIT dates for ft. gordon, i was told that i would not be going to ft. gordon because the army will not pay for me to be retrained or reclassed. i was never in the army AND THEY NEVER TRAINED me for anything. i was in another branch whose job does not branch over to the army mos. I've read about going to AIT for training and its 20weeks for the 25B job versus them wanting to send me to a national guard offsite for a little under 10 weeks. my concern is, i will not be fully trained in this job as my other counterparts and nor do i receive any of the MOS certifications for 25b job. my question is could there be some confusion why would the army not pay to fund me to be trained. they never funded my training before. and if my mos didn't cross over why cant i take full advantage of the AIT at Gordon with all the training than a slimmed down version with no certs. i was told once I'm mos qualified it does not matter where i went. but how could i be mos qualified if i go to a place that does not certify you but just reclass correspondence. someone please help me. i don't want my career to start in chaos.

Comment

Re: prior service for AIT

I am about to train for my fourth MOS and this is the first time I have done a 4 week reclass. The other times were all full AITs but I was also active duty back then. Looking forward to my school in Camp Parks though.

Comment

Working...
      X