Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclassing from 89D (EOD) to 31B (MP)

Hello all,

I am currently being reclassified from 89D - EOD, to 31B - Military Police. I have been at NAVSCOLEOD (The Navy Phase 2 portion of EOD school) For over 8 months now in a Phase V+20 status (basically, permanent party status but a student.. It was a PCS move to AIT.)

I was unable to complete my schooling here, so I do NOT Hold an MOS. The only AIT I have completed was the 10 week Army EOD Phase 1 school at Ft Lee, VA. However being on PCS orders for the last 8 months, and being in the army for over a year, I now have a POV and all of the other things one would not normally have when attending 31B school at Ft Leonard Wood MI. This seems to be a very unique situation and I am unsure as to what my status will be when I get there. Due to the length of time as Phase V+20 On PCS orders and in the military, and the completion of Phase I EOD school, will I be treated as a MOS-T (or MOS-Q)? Or, will I be placed back as a Phase IV soldier? I am not sure as to how that is going to work and hope someone here can provide insight.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Reclassing from 89D (EOD) to 31B (MP)

Edited for OPSEC.
    Last edited by 404506D; May 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Your's is a very unique situation, you'll have to come back on here and let know how that turns out. Sounds like your the test rat on this one.

Comment

I was a reclass at FLW MP school; not an insert. I believe that if you only been in IET status for the last 8 months; you will be treated either, as an insert or an AIT student. You will receive orders for 31B and those orders will state on there on what is acceptable. I think that you could drive your vehicle there but it might be placed in storage until you complete the course.

When I arrived at FLW and got off the bus; I was asked if I was prior service and since I was; I was placed aside and in-processed differently. I do not think your case counts as prior service. So my question is; have you only been in the Army the last 8 months? And went to EOD school right after basic and then in this predicament?

Yes, your situation is unique but the orders should clarify your questions.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          I was a reclass at FLW MP school; not an insert. I believe that if you only been in IET status for the last 8 months; you will be treated either, as an insert or an AIT student. You will receive orders for 31B and those orders will state on there on what is acceptable. I think that you could drive your vehicle there but it might be placed in storage until you complete the course.

When I arrived at FLW and got off the bus; I was asked if I was prior service and since I was; I was placed aside and in-processed differently. I do not think your case counts as prior service. So my question is; have you only been in the Army the last 8 months? And went to EOD school right after basic and then in this predicament?

Yes, your situation is unique but the orders should clarify your questions.
          You are correct in that I have been pipeline thus far, from BCT to Phase 1 of EOD school (10 week Army AIT) and now at Phase 2 (Navy portion). In total I have over a year TIS now, but all within TRADOC. I will be sure to post what happens with this predicament as soon as I am able and know.

Comment

Ok, since you are going to FLW, you will be going as MOS-Q and can either be placed as an insert (starting the AIT portion with the OSUT class) or with the re-classes (prior service soldiers in separate barracks from the OSUT trainees). The prior service soldiers are usually E3s to E6s and have drill sergeants as cadre as well but are treated a little more differently that you have personal time after training and usually Sundays off. That is how it was for me in 2004 so do not know how they operate today.

Since you were a PCS to your last duty station; you might be given that PS privilege. Good luck.

Comment

Ok, since you are going to FLW, you will be going as MOS-Q and can either be placed as an insert (starting the AIT portion with the OSUT class) or with the re-classes (prior service soldiers in separate barracks from the OSUT trainees). The prior service soldiers are usually E3s to E6s and have drill sergeants as cadre as well but are treated a little more differently that you have personal time after training and usually Sundays off. That is how it was for me in 2004 so do not know how they operate today.

Since you were a PCS to your last duty station; you might be given that PS privilege. Good luck.
              Thank you for your answers, I am hoping the latter of your two posed scenarios becomes my reality at FLW. Stay safe out there.

Comment

Just as an update for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation, I was treated as if I was a Split-Option trainee (irregardless of the mis-classification as such) and did not receive any consideration for my year of service nor my PCS orders due to the fact I was not previously awarded an MOS.

Comment

Mind if I ask what went sideways at NAVSCOLEOD? I am considering EOD.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
                    Mind if I ask what went sideways at NAVSCOLEOD? I am considering EOD.
                    Sure, I was good on the academics but got injured and Med rolled out, had to reclass out of EOD. Most people who make it to NAVSCOLEOD will have the most academic trouble in the Ground, Air, and IED divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by 404506D View Post
                      Sure, I was good on the academics but got injured and Med rolled out, had to reclass out of EOD. Most people who make it to NAVSCOLEOD will have the most academic trouble in the Ground, Air, and IED divisions.
                      Not trying to prey into your personal business but they couldn't just roll you back to another class? I would understand if you had to be seperated but you were heathy enough to reclass into another physically demanding MOS.

Comment

Not trying to prey into your personal business but they couldn't just roll you back to another class? I would understand if you had to be seperated but you were heathy enough to reclass into another physically demanding MOS.
                        Basically, the injury changed my PULHES to one which no longer fit the serial required to be EOD, which is 111121. I agree MP would be more physically demanding than EOD but it only requires a 222222, and it makes no sense to me either. Guess it makes "Army Sense" somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 404506D View Post
                          Basically, the injury changed my PULHES to one which no longer fit the serial required to be EOD, which is 111121. I agree MP would be more physically demanding than EOD but it only requires a 222222, and it makes no sense to me either. Guess it makes "Army Sense" somewhere.
                          Yea, I don't understand how PULHES works can someone explain?

Comment

Yea, I don't understand how PULHES works can someone explain?
                            http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini.../l/blpulse.htm

Its the code that you get from MEPS. Most people are 111111 across the board but you might have a two in another area and each MOS has their PULHES requirements for the job. So if the job requires 111111 and you have 111222; then obviously you are not qualified.

Comment

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini.../l/blpulse.htm

Its the code that you get from MEPS. Most people are 111111 across the board but you might have a two in another area and each MOS has their PULHES requirements for the job. So if the job requires 111111 and you have 111222; then obviously you are not qualified.
                              Ok, I wonder what mine is. To my knowledge this isn't used in the Marine Corps.

Comment

Working...
                              X