X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First sergeant(possibly) violating TRADOC regulation

I need help here. I was told before that TRADOC regulation was just a suggestion, just to find out that isn't true, it's basically the Bible and standard all TRADOC leaders have to abide by.
    Well, my chain of command has decided to make us do things that violate them. I know how cocky I may sound putting it that way, but the general attitude of them is that. In fact, on of the SFCs(who is in trouble now for similar) joked about how our first sergeant was a drill sergeant at Ft. Knox who basically didn't care about TRADOC's new regulations when they happened. I don't want to dig too far into this, because I don't want to actually disrespect my chain of command, but I am so lost here.

I need general direction. I know no one on here can actually give legal advice, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Some people are filing IG complaints. I don't wish to dwell too much into this in fear of being lectured about how bad it really isn't, or whatever, and it's too much to type. I just want some sort of general direction on where to go and who to talk to about this.

Please and thank you.

Re: First sergeant(possibly) violating TRADOC regulation

What sort of things do you think they are violating?

Comment

Sleep and PT regulations, mostly.

I did take it to IG already, and apparently everything is legit. For legal reasons I don't want to disclose too much.

Comment

I mean, I've heard things from people ranging from master sergeants(other IET soldiers fathers, really, who didn't tell me directly) to SSGs at the lowest rank.

I'm just not sure the most tactful, responsible way to approach it.

Comment

everything is legit as in, you have no case, or everything is legit as in they are breaking the rules?

Comment

If you're in TRADOC and convinced that your 1SG is violating Army regs, the Geneva Convention and everything else, just relax. It means you're getting the whole TRADOC experience.

But without details, there's not a whole lot of advice anyone can give you.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              everything is legit as in, you have no case, or everything is legit as in they are breaking the rules?
              Legit as in one SSG has filed and IG complaint(one that isn't directly affected by it, either). Meaning, yeah, a good possibility I am right. A possibility. I am not sure if that route is the best. Although, due to an IG complaint being filed(and more coming soon at different ranks) I doubt that an alternative route would be too good for me.

I'm mostly curious about, oh, let's say what using the open door policy can do, or taking it to a chaplain. Other routes. I don't want to get into details for legal purposes(because I know UCMJ has statutes of limitations and I don't want to violate any), but I don't want to be too vague.
              These things he is doing basically how he treats us, again the sleep issue(the lack of it we get), and the level of PT he is forcing on us, all allegedly of course.

I have read 350-6 and found a number of them, and was explained further by higher ups. I am doing the right thing and this ********** isn't for me, but for a lot of us that our doing the right thing our giveadamn is busted because we're ****** if we do, ****** if we don't. I have one counseling statement I received for not knowing we had homework that one time. Otherwise I have had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_Martin View Post
                Legit as in one SSG has filed and IG complaint(one that isn't directly affected by it, either). Meaning, yeah, a good possibility I am right. A possibility. I am not sure if that route is the best. Although, due to an IG complaint being filed(and more coming soon at different ranks) I doubt that an alternative route would be too good for me.

I'm mostly curious about, oh, let's say what using the open door policy can do, or taking it to a chaplain. Other routes. I don't want to get into details for legal purposes(because I know UCMJ has statutes of limitations and I don't want to violate any), but I don't want to be too vague.
                These things he is doing basically how he treats us, again the sleep issue(the lack of it we get), and the level of PT he is forcing on us, all allegedly of course.

I have read 350-6 and found a number of them, and was explained further by higher ups. I am doing the right thing and this ********** isn't for me, but for a lot of us that our doing the right thing our giveadamn is busted because we're ****** if we do, ****** if we don't. I have one counseling statement I received for not knowing we had homework that one time. Otherwise I have had no issues.
                IG is going to roll their eyes.

If you have something like the following:
                -Water purposely being withheld as in there is no water buffalo on the premises (field) and it is intentional
                -1SG is sleeping with a student in the course
                -1SG is collecting money from all the students for personal gain

This is the stuff IG will love to tear a new *sshole for.

Comment

Working...
                X