X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68W AIT and civilian qualifications

Hello, I have a question pertaining to the training received during AIT for a 68W MOS. Does anyone know if after you complete AIT and become qualified 68W, can you use that training to become certified in any civilian jobs? Jobs that I am thinking are certifications for paramedic or EMT. I have seen on the national guard website that training can transfer into college credits, but I have not been able to find anything on whether training can get you civilian certifications. Thanks for any input.

First 8 weeks is to make you EMT-B certified. All you got to do is take the state test i believe.

Comment

suckthat is correct. There are some states that will require you to retake their version of the NREMT, but not all states require it. I live in Wyoming and would have to retake the registry to be certified in my state.

EMT courses on the civilian side are usually 8 weeks to a semester, depending on where you go. Not only are you getting it in 8 weeks at AIT, you're not paying a dime and getting paid active duty pay to be there. When you get back to your state, you might have to pay $50 or so to retake the NREMT, but you will be more than prepared for it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Do you know how I can check if my state would require me to retake the registry? I live in Ohio.

Comment

Working...
        X