X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Training

If a person wanted to be a National guard Infantryman at age 17, how would this work. Okay since infantry boot camp is about 14-16 weeks long and if you are 17, you would have to take basic in the summer! And the summer is only about 8-9 weeks long, would you be able to go to basic training? Or would you go and when you get back you just start late in the year for school or what? Thanks for your help!

read the link about split-op. I did it at 17 years old. http://www.tradoc.army.mil/pao/tnsar...t05/080905.htm

Comment

^^^ chief just gave you all the answersyou can get. You can always go down and talk with your local recruiter. He can give you all the info you will need. And remember just because you talk to him doesn't mean your signing papers. That's his job is to give you info. So go see what the guard can do for you

Comment

• bbirdwell
        bbirdwell commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah im talking to my recruiter right now. he says since i turn 17 in june i start my screening process sometime in june and then if im lucky i start basic in july

IF you qualify, you would ship to Basic the week after your school gets out and return about 1-2 weeks late into your Senior year. There are VERY limited spots for this to occur and some additional paperwork required with both your school & parents granting permission to return late. Typically, by March the possibilities are slim to enlist under the Split Option.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
      X