X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaping at AIT

Am I going to be allowed to vape at AIT? seeing as it is not considered a tobacco product I am confused on the armys look towered vaping

You're not allowed to have anything in your mouth except your tongue, period. Except, of course, chow during chow time. Try and sneak the gum from the MRE and see what happens.
    Last edited by Chris36; January 9th, 2014, 10:57 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

If you are stressed out at BCT, you can always fap.

Comment

"It's time we get our freedoms back". Blu cigarettes. Bring a pipe and robe to AIT. Look sophisticated like SGT Bilko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGAhXv23MEs
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 9th, 2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

From what my brother told be, at AIT your allowed to go off base during weekends. That would be personal time and how would they not allow you to either smoke of in my case vape on personal time?

Comment

You should be ok at AIT. Don't do it uniform though.

Comment

sounds good another question would be if my BCT and AIT are say a week apart and I don't go home in between would I just bring it with my to BCT and give it to them with my phone and have them put it away with my phone and what ever else they hold from you while in basic. or would it be best to have my wife ship it to me during AIT.

Comment

I would go with the latter, they may conider it contraband if in your bag at BCT and you will not have a good day. Your shipping checklist should tell you to NOT even dream of taking that stuff to basic unless you want some extra special attention.

And some may say 'well itt's not a real cigarette'... Well a can of shredded beef jerky isn't dip and you wouldn't be allowed that either. After 12 weeks, you may find that you don't 'need' them anymore anyway...
                Last edited by Chris36; January 10th, 2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Excellent thread...made me choke on my coffee.

Comment

I don't see why its funny, vaping is more of a hobby for some depending on what you use, I don't use those cheap one from gas stations mine costs around $80 and its am enjoyment for me. everyone has a hobby why would that make it funny.

Comment

Okay. I said "excellent" not "funny." That said, whether or not the thread is funny may be up for debate. It is my opinion --to which I am entitled--that it is funny. Here is why: "vape" is a verb that has been recently invented; "fap" is a funny verb; there are references made to your tongue and chow (at at chow time) being the only things you can have in your mouth at BCT; reference to Sgt Bilko, pipe and robe. Plus, you have recently indicated that "vaping" is your hobby (which is sort of a funny hobby--like "drinking beer" versus fishing, running or cooking). That's why.

Comment

I'm going to say it depends on the AIT...please keep in mind that while there are general TRADOC rules to guide training, each AIT company is allowed to set their own SOP's. At my AIT vaping was treated the same as tobacco....only allowed while on pass on weekends if you were phased up and you were not allowed to keep any of the materials in the barracks. Getting caught smoking at any other time, or having the items in the barracks resulted in Article 15.

Comment

Here is a good video to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGuG8kiSF-I

Comment

Last I checked at fort jackson, they were allowing IET Soldiers to smoke. That was in 2010 though. With the tightening regulations on tattoos and such, it may have changed. They were certainly allowed to use cellphones in BCT, which was a huge change. You'll have to check your specific AIT. Just look for their IET policies.

Comment

Working...
                            X