X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving in a few weeks and can't do pushups ):

I'm really worried because I can't do pushups yet, and I very much doubt I can delay my ship date by this point. Is there any chance I can delay my ship date due to being wimpy or am I doomed?

Re: Leaving in a few weeks and can't do pushups ):

Originally posted by Ambrose67 View Post
    I'm really worried because I can't do pushups yet, and I very much doubt I can delay my ship date by this point. Is there any chance I can delay my ship date due to being wimpy or am I doomed?
    Don't worry about it! Once the drill sergeants see you cannot do a push-up. They will become your personal trainer and ensure you will be able to do them.

Comment

Are you saying you can't do a lot of push ups or you mean you literrally cannot lift your own body off the ground?

Comment

Go join a gym, there's always a trainer on hand to help you out. If that's not in the cards for you, do a Google search on how to get better at push-ups. Honestly, push-ups are the easiest part of an APFT and I think that anyone can get very close to maxing them in about a month of training. If you're a little on the heavy side, watch what you eat. The military is a lifestyle, even in the Guard. Believe in yourself, push yourself, and watch your body do things you never thought it could.

And to help you anymore, answer Zero259's question so we can isolate the problem instead of giving vague advice.

Comment

Working...
        X