X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fears of BCT

Interested in joining, but saying I do meet all the eligibilitys and go into basic I'm worried about being a weakling in basic. I don't want to be the one always getting introuble, and messing up and causing my whole group to get punished. Or always last doing everything.

Re: Fears of BCT

Everyone gets in trouble, the brown rounds will smoke you even if everyone does everything right.

Eventually you will all LOVE to get smoked and it will become ineffective.

If you fail, fail going full-speed.

It takes courage and you can do it.

HOOOAH! Kill Drill Sergeant....hooah you will get the meaning during basic.

Comment

How about overcoming fears? Like the Victory Tower(terrified of heights)-

Comment

They made us do it so fast, I had no time to be afraid.

Comment

The drill sergeants are the scariest obstacles.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            The drill sergeants are the scariest obstacles.
            I was more afraid of Hot A's then the DS...

Comment

I was always afraid of getting the Veggie Cheese Omelet MRE at hand out....so I always volunteered to be the hander-outer

Comment

Originally posted by Nijah34 View Post
                How about overcoming fears? Like the Victory Tower(terrified of heights)-
                I'm curious about this as well, but looking for a serious answer.

When you have to rappel, what if you get up there and freeze?

Comment

Originally posted by ping9798 View Post
                  I'm curious about this as well, but looking for a serious answer.

When you have to rappel, what if you get up there and freeze?
                  You really don't 'have time' to freeze... You get up there, crawl over to the DS's by the edge, they hook you up, you lay on your stomach and ease your legs over until your toes are on a tiny ledge and then when you stand / lean back you easily 'feel that the rope has you. YOU control the speed you go down and usually you find yourself jumping pretty hard off the tower because you realize its not that big of a deal and your first 'rush' (we did ours at the end of week one).

By the time you're enjoying it....you're done. It takes like a whole 30 seconds to get down... Look on YouTube, I'm sure there are videos of people doing it.

You'll all be fine.

Comment

I've watched some videos and it doesn't 'look' bad, but I know how I am with heights

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I've watched some videos and it doesn't 'look' bad, but I know how I am with heights

Thanks for the reply!
                      You really build it up in your head 'bigger' than it is. Once you get there and you see it, you think 'that's it?' It'll be fun....unlike the NBC Chamber

Comment

Chris, I've been lurking here for a long time. Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but aren't you from Michigan? If so, may I PM you?

Comment

Chris, I've been lurking here for a long time. Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but aren't you from Michigan? If so, may I PM you?
                          Yes, I am from Michigan.

Comment

I also had a slight fear of heights when I went to boot camp. The reason you do those things is to build your confidence and to prove to yourself that you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to, especially anything at silly old basic training. When I went to Marine boot camp, I was a twig. 5'10 and 130 lbs. Man (or soldier, if you're a woman) up and just do it. Nothing in basic training is beyond what you can do. Remember that people far worse off than you have been getting through it for years and years, and this is just the first step in a very exciting career with the military. Get it done and move on. It ain't no thing.

Comment

Just saw this good article on military dot com

http://www.military.com/join-armed-f...2887570&rank=5

Comment

Working...
                              X