X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving in one week

I'm finally leaving for 12B OSUT real soon. I just had couple questions for anybody that has been through 12B OSUT. Since it is OSUT am I going to be with the same people the whole time?Because 12B is not open to women, will I train with women?lastly does anybody know if Ft.Leonard wood gives out specialty school slots for high pt scores? Thanks for our time!

Re: Leaving in one week

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
    I'm finally leaving for 12B OSUT real soon. I just had couple questions for anybody that has been through 12B OSUT. Since it is OSUT am I going to be with the same people the whole time?Because 12B is not open to women, will I train with women?lastly does anybody know if Ft.Leonard wood gives out specialty school slots for high pt scores? Thanks for our time!
    I am at FLW right now for an ASI course. I'm also 12B. You may or may not train with females during your time here. This will depend upon whether your unit will have 12C MOS recruits there. Given that you are OSUT, you will be with the same soldiers the entire time. I was also OSUT, in a company with strictly 12B. More than likely you will have a few reclass soldiers once you get to AIT. But the rest of you will be together throughout the training. There are actually a few privates straight out of IET in the course that I am in now. They are all active duty, aside from one reservist. You may also be offered airborne school during AIT. This is largely due to PT, but also is due to the Drill Sergeants seeing potential in you as an overall soldier. I have been through what you will go through. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
      You ask this question with one week left? lol

I went to 12B OSUT in 83 and 84 (I was split-op). Yes, those combat arm jobs are still closed to women so you will train with the same men for the whole portion of basic and AIT. Obviously, the ones who split-op, you will say bye to after BCT graduation.

Good luck.

Comment

One station unit training means you will be with the same guys during both basic and AIT. So make nice and don't throw anyone under the bus. trust me. been there seen what happens to those guys.

You'll enjoy yourself in AIT. playing with anything mechanized or explosive is a blast...pun intended. I got to play with the C4, humvee's, and bradleys a bit for 19D training

the bans on women serving in combat roles won't be completely lifted for a couple of years. it will take the army some time to transition. Even with that being said, I wouldn't expect many women making it into combat arms unless they dumb down the standards, which is what everyone is worried about. Nothing against women, its just the whole science argument behind it.

Comment

Working...
        X