Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed Basic Training Ship Date Discharge?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Basic Training Ship Date Discharge?

Hi.

I want to know generally, how long it takes to get the General Discharge for missing the ship date ?
    And take you out the system ?

Re: Missed Basic Training Ship Date Discharge?

Are you suddenly in a rush to get somewhere? Why didn't you live up to your commitment?

Comment

Hopefully it's a long and tedious process.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_869 View Post
        Hi.

I want to know generally, how long it takes to get the General Discharge for missing the ship date ?
        And take you out the system ?
        That depends on if they charge you with a variety of criminal offense for not shipping. There is a possibly you end up in jail for a longer period than what your original enlistment was for. I think you should just go to basic training.

Comment

not going to jail. cause i can go active duty. the think is to transfer from national guard to active duty

Comment

not going to jail. cause i can go active duty. the think is to transfer from national guard to active duty
            Let us know how that works out for you. The think is that won't happen either.

Comment

I was kidding with you a little bit. You won't be going to jail. But if you think you are going to miss your ship date, get discharged, and then go sign up for active duty I am wondering how you passed the meps drug test in the first place. Not going to happen.

Comment

spoke to the correct personnel and was informed there is no problem if i miss my ship date..according to the correct personnel they like to scared the soldier to make sure they dont skip ship out.. I'm going Active

Comment

Can we flag/sticky threads for their superb entertainment value?

Comment

spoke to the correct personnel and was informed there is no problem if i miss my ship date..according to the correct personnel they like to scared the soldier to make sure they dont skip ship out.. I'm going Active
                    Excellent Army writing style. I do not know. I get a feeling that some of these accounts are fakers that just troll. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Really? I don't think that newbies would say somethibg like "correct personell" but if this kid is serious he is about to perma DQ himself.

Comment

What the "correct" person didn't mention, you have to wait 6 months upon discharge before you can go active duty. That doesn't count the amount of time it takes the NG to discharge you.

Comment

Along with the six month wait is the request for wavier for the RE-3 for Pre-IADT Discharge. No guarantee the waiver gets approved either.

These "correct personnel" aren't looking out for your best interest.

Does your current Recruiter have any idea that you're not about to live up to your end of the contract that you signed, voluntarily? Do you realize the amount of time and work involved to enlist someone?

Comment

Don't be scurred.

Comment

Name:  6474cde4d4231754948e582cabc1e897.gif
Views: 4
Size:  1.1 KB

Comment

Working...
                              X