Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just graduated!

Hey everyone,

So I just returned home after completing Infantry OSUT this past Friday. It was a great experience, but honestly it was not what I expected in certain aspects. Regardless, I wouldn't trade the experience for the world, but I wouldn't want to do it again lol. Anyways, if you have any questions about what it was like, what to expect, or anything really about training, feel free to ask (especially those with an 11B/C/X contract, since I just completed the 11B course).

Re: Just graduated!

Tell me about reception. How was that? I ship to Benning in Aug.

Comment

First off, good luck! Now about reception, that blew! I was there for about 10 days, but there were people there longer than that. You wake up at 4 every morning at 30th AG (except Sunday), and get ready for accountability formation. Then for the rest of the day you schedule will be filled with waiting in endless lines for issued items or medical screenings. The food there also sets you up for failure for when you ship down range to your training company, so watch what you eat! I know people that put on 10 pounds from that food, and since there is no PT there you wont really have a way to burn it off. Just be prepared to be drop kicked into the hurry up and wait game the military loves. But just bear through it and eventually you'll ship down range, where you actually get to the fun stuff.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Wait... Were you in Delta 1-19?

Comment

what was the first month like?i have 11x contract.

Comment

Working...
            X