X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelry in Basic

I have a belly button piercing and I wanted to know will I have to remove it or can I keep it in during BCT?????

Re: Jewelry in Basic

Originally posted by jamaican_guard View Post
    I have a belly button piercing and I wanted to know will I have to remove it or can I keep it in during BCT?????
    You absolutely have to remove it. Do not get the clear plug for in it either, they are not allowed. And with shower drills or other possible reasons, female Drill Sergeants WILL see your mid-section, so do not try and sneak it in, it will end poorly for you and your fellow female soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by jamaican_guard View Post
      Remove it. They are not allowed.

Comment

Technically you should not have it in at any time when you are in uniform.

Refer to AR 670-01

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I have RSP in about 2 weeks so I will remove it now

Comment

Make sure everything else is squared away too....hair, nails, etc...

We had a blue phaser doing remedial PT because of her nails. After that, there was a bit of corrective action for her too....push ups, squats, flutter kicks, etc...all until the SGT got tired.

Comment

Does the no jewelry rule go for wedding and engagement rings too? Could they at least be carried in a pocket or worn on a chain like a necklace under the uniform?

Also, is the no jewelry rule applicable to every time you are on duty, or only during BCT?

Just wondering Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by GenChamberlain View Post
                Does the no jewelry rule go for wedding and engagement rings too? Could they at least be carried in a pocket or worn on a chain like a necklace under the uniform?

Also, is the no jewelry rule applicable to every time you are on duty, or only during BCT?

Just wondering Thanks for the clarification.
                The no jewlery is any time you are in uniform. Exceptions do include wedding/engagement rings. I would recomend not wearing a large/valuable ring. Much further and exact guidance is available in the regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by PALINATHAS View Post
                  The no jewlery is any time you are in uniform. Exceptions do include wedding/engagement rings. I would recomend not wearing a large/valuable ring. Much further and exact guidance is available in the regulations.
                  Agreed. If you have an engagement ring, I would leave it at home. You will be getting so grotty and dirty, if it gets lost, ruined or even stolen, you'll be kicking yourself. Wedding bands are allowable (the engagment ring and band are considered '1 ring' under regulations..as a set. But again, with the vigorous training, I know married people that just left it at home for basic training. It IS allowed though.

You will NOT be allowed to wear it on a chain and I would STRONGLY recommend AGAINST putting it on your dog tag chain....the DSs will let you know that it is not acceptable or within regulation.

Our Chaplain spoke of wearing a rubber gasket as his wedding band when deployed as he saw a soldier's finger get 'rubber gloved' because his ring got caught, but that was an extreme case....still ooky though.

Comment

Working...
                  X