X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High PT scores at BCT

Shipping out to Ft. Lost in the woods pretty soon, and I just wanted to know if there is anything you revive for having high pt scores? Thanks for your time and any tips would be appreciated!: )

Re: High PT scores at BCT

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
    Shipping out to Ft. Lost in the woods pretty soon, and I just wanted to know if there is anything you revive for having high pt scores? Thanks for your time and any tips would be appreciated!: )
    Maybe an achivement medal, and a pt patch (270 or above w/ 90 in each event)

Comment

what do you get for a high pt score? 30 seconds of praise from your drill sergeants...followed by high expectations for the remainder of basic.

You might receive recognition on graduation. nothing special

Comment

I scored a 290, nobody really noticed it.

PT scores apparently only mattered if you scored over 300 and/or score highest in the company. Otherwise life carried on as normal.

Or, if you're failing of course, for obvious reasons.

Comment

I just wanted to know if there is anything you revive for having high pt scores?
          From my experience, nothing. You're expected to score well.

Comment

Three guys out of an entire company scored 300 on their APFT. Drill Sergeant said they could get ice-cream at the DFAC--Not just any ice-cream, the really creamy ice-cream like what you get at Baskin Robins back in the 1970's.

They stroll up to the machine all arrogant like and squirted up huge cones of ice-cream. They sat down for a total of 4 minutes before the Drill Sergeants screamed and made everybody get up, dump their trays and hit the bricks. Those guys only got two or three licks in before they had to throw those cones in the garbage can.

Same three guys scored a 300 on the next APFT. Drill Sergeant yells out: "Anyone score 300 or higher on the test this morning can get seconds!" They grin and run back to the chow line to get seconds. As they're walking back to their tables the Drill Sergeant stops them, gushes gallons of hot sauce all over their trays and says: "EAT IT, PRIVATES!!"

The whole Cadre laughed their combat badges off watching the pain in their faces as they sucked down the food.

Comment

Sounds like a good time OC!

The 270+ got their PT badges. The top scorers, male and female, in the company got an AAM presented to them at graduation.

Side note, the Eagle Eyes (40/40 on BRM) got an AAM as well during graduation.

This was all at FT Jackson.

Comment

Working...
              X