X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCT

i am a junior in high school and i was wondering how the bct works. is it part of the summer or what?

Re: BCT

Originally posted by Joey Rios View Post
    i am a junior in high school and i was wondering how the bct works. is it part of the summer or what?
    It happens year round at Army Basic Training Locations. The summer for all armed forces have the most amount of recruits training due to school is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      It happens year round at Army Basic Training Locations. The summer for all armed forces have the most amount of recruits training due to school is out.

Are you friggin' serious? Why are all those kids walking at parade rest everywhere they go?

Comment

It works a little bit like this:

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
          Are you friggin' serious? Why are all those kids walking at parade rest everywhere they go?
          I agree. No excuse for reception but then again; this is the new Army. I was in reception for 11 days and I was getting smoked with tons of push-ups and tons of basic D&C.

Comment

If your a junior and you haven't joined yet it might be hard to get training seat for this summer, you would have to contact your recruiter just in case because i heard that there might be some seats still open from my recruiter in certain mos's. The only reason shipping for you would be a problem is because you haven't graduated high school yet, but in the national guard they have a split op program where you can ship to BCT in between your junior and senior year during the summer and go to AIT the following summer to finish your training. Thats what im doing. The first week will be reception, then they will take you to your training cite depending on where your going to training.

Comment

Holy crap, that kid in the red shirt looks like the Kool-Aid man!!

Comment

I'm also a junior in high school, and enlisted two months ago. To attend OSUT, I signed up for the split option (The BCT portion of OSUT after my junior year, and the AIT portion of OSUT after my senior year.)

Comment

Working...
                X